4x Close Friends
4x Just Kidding
4x Genius Alchemist
4x Carefree
3x Not Human

Sideboard

4x Lu Chen
4x Christie Monteiro

because triple S loop at a 4 with your opponent's block modifiers getting +2 - +4 on second turn (and building as you go with Xianhua's response). but then again it dies against fire, why fire, because fire has 95% or more of the best non minimum free reusable damage reduction...

kiit said:

but then again it dies against fire, why fire, because fire has 95% or more of the best non minimum free reusable damage reduction...

I wouldn't try this with Xianghua, particularly because you NEED Path of the Master out to do this, so if you DO have Path of the Master out, why not just spam some attacks, Path E for game? Christie seems like a better character to try this with, if only because she doesn't need Path for the SSS loop to go off, and has Life/Water with the rest of your deck, from what I can see.

guitalex2008 said:

kiit said:

but then again it dies against fire, why fire, because fire has 95% or more of the best non minimum free reusable damage reduction...

Including The Ultimate Team which goes exactly against this deck.

I wouldn't try this with Xianghua, particularly because you NEED Path of the Master out to do this, so if you DO have Path of the Master out, why not just spam some attacks, Path E for game? Christie seems like a better character to try this with, if only because she doesn't need Path for the SSS loop to go off, and has Life/Water with the rest of your deck, from what I can see.

eh but I hate christie {actually the only tekken character I like was unknown} and does she free foundation build as she attacks, is she able to pull up any missing combo part {or playful slice for the difficulty reduction}? christie cant, but I'm never going to play the deck in any event, because my playgroup is about 50% fire based which has access to pretty much every game mechanic other than large scale control hack and large scale discard so anything non-fire is pretty much ******, and we have dutpotd on top of things... this was more or less to get the idea that I've been messing around since the set came out delt with, so I can try to figure something else out...

Maybe you'd like to build a Taki? Taki does wreck Fire hardcore.

Enraged Golems are basically blank when the opponent flips anything in your staging area, while you flip more important pieces of overpowered crap of your choosing. Not only that but Heir to the Storm loses fuel by flipping cards face down, especially high difficulty foundations and foundations that make them lose vitality. The Ultimate Team can commit other things, but that's why you aim to flip it. Get rid of Financial Troubles, etc. With things like Assassin's Technique in your staging area (or dare I say it, Stand Off), your opponent will most likely aim for those with your form, while you continue to cripple him.

It seems to be a much more fun build that can actually put a huge dent in Fire's defenses. Sad thing is you lose Throne Room and Not Human.

Don't get mad get glad.

Instead of relying solely on Path of the Master, you could run Siggy +symbol support (since X only needs All added to get SSS going). Needs No Ally would work, as would Tower of Souls + Siggy's terrain (Tower - Spiral of Time) which gives everyone the symbol as soon as it hits the staging area.

Btw you can run For the Money and just use X's response to get it in the staging area. Risky but powerful.

OM NOM NOM NOM

Wafflecopter said:

Don't get mad get glad.

Good advice. I thought I'd have to respond granted I was mentioned and so was a slew of Fire symbol backlash.

Evans, I like the idea of the deck, it makes sense that X's form will help pull off the Samba loop because you can grab one from the discard pile. I also like the idea of Amaryllis spin with multiple attacks played therafter, i.e. increasing the difficulty to block across a multitude of pokes.

I'm not sold on the viability of the deck, and it isn't because Fire has good damage redux ... Moreso, it will be damned hard to pass consistent 6s or have anywhere near enough build by turn 4 or less to pass enough 6s to kill even with foundation help. I understand you are going to genius the flower spin, and that makes sense, but for the Samba combo to work you will still need to pass 6s, and you can't really genius any of the loop cards because they leave the card pool and therefore the enhance reference on genius as part of the combo.

I know you are happy to get it out of your system by posting it here and I wish you all the best in coming up with that perfect deck for this Saturday and our store tourney at Myths.

- dut

maybe you could try adding in for the money and just it with x's R?

It would help with the checking issue if your having one

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

maybe you could try adding in for the money and just it with x's R?

It would help with the checking issue if your having one

I don't think he's truly played the deck that much, rather he has the ideas in his head and on paper. The problem with just adding FtM is the lack of stun or getting any sure use out of it.

- dut

Don't forget that running stuff off symbol means Lu Chen** wrecks you hardcore (and he's good now, so this is a real source of worry).

dutpotd said:

Wafflecopter said:

Don't get mad get glad.

Good advice. I thought I'd have to respond granted I was mentioned and so was a slew of Fire symbol backlash.

Evans, I like the idea of the deck, it makes sense that X's form will help pull off the Samba loop because you can grab one from the discard pile. I also like the idea of Amaryllis spin with multiple attacks played therafter, i.e. increasing the difficulty to block across a multitude of pokes.

I'm not sold on the viability of the deck, and it isn't because Fire has good damage redux ... Moreso, it will be damned hard to pass consistent 6s or have anywhere near enough build by turn 4 or less to pass enough 6s to kill even with foundation help. I understand you are going to genius the flower spin, and that makes sense, but for the Samba combo to work you will still need to pass 6s, and you can't really genius any of the loop cards because they leave the card pool and therefore the enhance reference on genius as part of the combo.

I know you are happy to get it out of your system by posting it here and I wish you all the best in coming up with that perfect deck for this Saturday and our store tourney at Myths.

- dut

Ive needed to check constant 6's in 1 game, I was generally needing either a 4 or lower {spin>playful slice {1 or 2} remove them from progressive> kick kick kick til they die and build as you go}

kiit said:

Ive needed to check constant 6's in 1 game, I was generally needing either a 4 or lower {spin>playful slice {1 or 2} remove them from progressive> kick kick kick til they die and build as you go}

hmm, not bad at all. Like I said, I really like the idea of it.

- dut