Amy 1 - Good Build

By TripsEX, in UFS Deck Building

This is pretty much my attempt at the new Amy that came out of the Soul Calibur IV - Quest of Souls booster packs. I think she has a lot of potential to be a really good character, and uses her abilities to deal with the riff-raff pretty easily. If you don't know, her main focus is using the block modifiers of her attacks to increase the speed of her attacks. Her other ability, which is really underrated against people who attack too early, is putting Breaker: 2 on the blocking card. Her support is around blocks for the most part, with her attacks being Reversals and low damage attacks. Her symbol spread is Good Order Water.

I decided to build her off of Good, because I think that Good has the best non-Astrid support (looking at you Order) in the set so far. My focus is establishing a quick three or four foundations and then constant attacking across the turns for the rest of the game.

Starting Character: Amy 1 7HS 18VIT

Actions - 3
3x Amy's Sidestep 3/5 +2M

Assets - 2
2x Albion 2/4 +2M

Attacks - 20
4x Bloody Funeral 5/3 3L6 +1L - Amy Combo (Low Weapon, Weapon)
4x Eagle Talon 4/3 3M4 +2M - Combo (Low Weapon)
4x Flash Needle 4/3 4L3 +2M - Multiple: 1 * Weapon
4x Mark of the Beast 5/3 4M4 +2M - Weapon
4x Triple Botta in Tempo 4/3 4M3 +2M - Reversal * Weapon * Combo (Weapon)

Foundations - 34
3x Challenge to Battle 2/5 +3M
3x Cursed Blood 1/4 +3L
4x For Justice 2/5
3x Hope for One's People 0/5 +3H
3x Hunt for Jin 1/5 +2L
3x Memories of a Nightmare 2/5
3x Regretful Existance 2/5 +3M
3x The Man behind the Mask 0/5 +3M
3x To the Ends of the Earth 3/5 +3L
3x Together Again 2/5 +2M
3x Torn Hero 1/5

Sideboard
4x Strange Fashion 3/5
4x Tein Lei, Iron Thunder 2/5 +1H

- - -

The only problem I have with making decks, is that I can't decide on what to cut or what to leave in, and end up just running three copies of like everything. It always seems to work for me though, because I can run a spread of cards to kind of anti-meta and lock it down. Let me know what you think!

Nursing a Grudge seems to be an absolute must in this deck. At your speeds, you shouldn't have a problem dealing damage.

I like how your build is different than the more obvious Amaryllis-Throne Room builds, but if there's one thing I think Good Amy* has going for her over her symbol, it's one glaring card:

Dragon Lifter.

Dragon Lifter gives itself a damage bonus equal to its block MODIFIER, and in Amy, that modifier OUGHT to be rather high. While any other Good character could due that with her support, Amy can do one unique thing with her mammoth Dragon Lifter: pump its speed to high hells.

As such, your general theme is nice, but it seems to be a stream of poking until death, which is a bit of how Amy plays, sure, but Dragon Lifter I feel would definitely up your winning ratio, and you've got nice kicks like Soaring Dance and Leaping Snap Kick to choose from.

I don't have any Dragon Lifter. D:

I was looking at Nursing a Grudge, but I have to destroy it to get a card that I may not potentially end up in a situation where I am not able to play another. Getting a block back is nice, but with a balance in play, enough cards in hand, and a Reversal draw; I don't see where I would need it.

As for the theme of it, it isn't a string of pokes, more of a string of damage when I have cards like Challenge to Battle, Regretful Existance, and For Justice. Suddenly Flashing Needle's Multiple is a little strong when you can put potentially +2/+3 on every single one and have them running in at 6 speed LOW.

I will definately try to get the Dragon Lifters in the deck though, because that card was always on my mind for this deck.

Bear in mind your attack lineup will change significantly with the Lifter , because you'll need Kicks . As Marco mentioned, Leaping Snap Kick is very annoying, so it should go in (stops enemy Combos while enabling your own... can anyone say irony?). Soaring Dance feeds both Flash Needle and Mark of the Beast with quick momentum, and satisfies your Combo pre-requisite for Dragon Lifter , so it's a must here, and that would basically be your attack lineup here.

Oh, just so you can whet your appetite: Ostreinsburg Castle Throne Room in staging area + Amaryllis Spin in card pool + Kick + Amy* 's E (4+) = Dragon Lifter with 14 speed 12 damage (and opponent with +4 to block mod, effectively 18 speed). Good luck blocking THAT.

Is For Justice a nickname for some other card? I couldn't find it...

Also, where the heck are the Know When to Talk... (or as I call them, the Old Man Pimpslaps )? They may cramp your Reversal style somewhat, but IMHO they're too good not to have in there.

Damage has always been a problem with my planned GOOD Amy, she pushes through and stops turns like none other, but that does lil good when she cant actually kill.... Lifter SOlves this to an extent but not entirely. If you want Lifter you need Leaping Snap Kick, it also helps end turns and disrupt combos

Path of the Masters in here will help you damage output greatly.

Knows when to talk needs to be in here. Its a 1/5 and has amazing synergy with Breaker. Between this and Triple Botta ull end alot of turns

Nursing a grude will also help emensely as itll let you fish for that last attack you need

LordAggro said:

Bear in mind your attack lineup will change significantly with the Lifter, because you'll need Kicks. As Marco mentioned, Leaping Snap Kick is very annoying, so it should go in (stops enemy Combos while enabling your own... can anyone say irony?). Soaring Dance feeds both Flash Needle and Mark of the Beast with quick momentum, and satisfies your Combo pre-requisite for Dragon Lifter, so it's a must here, and that would basically be your attack lineup here.

Oh, just so you can whet your appetite: Ostreinsburg Castle Throne Room in staging area + Amaryllis Spin in card pool + Kick + Amy*'s E (4+) = Dragon Lifter with 14 speed 12 damage (and opponent with +4 to block mod, effectively 18 speed). Good luck blocking THAT.

Is For Justice a nickname for some other card? I couldn't find it...

Also, where the heck are the Know When to Talk... (or as I call them, the Old Man Pimpslaps)? They may cramp your Reversal style somewhat, but IMHO they're too good not to have in there.

I think with Lifter in the deck, I will go to a lineup of Soaring Dance, Dragon Lifter, Triple Botta in Tempo, Flash Needle, and Mark of the Beast. The reason Leaping Snap Kick isn't going in because I don't want to remove something like Mark of the Beast for it. As stated earlier, it's pretty hard to kill with this deck if you don't draw into the right cards early, and the abilities on Mark of the Beast just stand out way too much not to run it. +4 Damage and Anti-Multiple? Can't pass that up even if I wanted to.

Also, For Justice is an uncommon out of the new set that reads pretty much.. E Commit: If your attack shares two resource symbols with your character, it gets +3 damage.

Why would I want to fill their card pool, when I can just Triple Botta in Tempo for BOTH Damage and Difficulty? What if they block it? That's an extra card into their pool then.

NintendoMan said:

Damage has always been a problem with my planned GOOD Amy, she pushes through and stops turns like none other, but that does lil good when she cant actually kill.... Lifter SOlves this to an extent but not entirely. If you want Lifter you need Leaping Snap Kick, it also helps end turns and disrupt combos

Path of the Masters in here will help you damage output greatly.

Knows when to talk needs to be in here. Its a 1/5 and has amazing synergy with Breaker. Between this and Triple Botta ull end alot of turns

Nursing a grude will also help emensely as itll let you fish for that last attack you need

Nursing a Grudge is what I put in the new version of the deck, and it is working out with slight success. I need to do more testing with it, but it has saved my ass a few times already by being able to get a Bloody Funeral back and finish the job.

Path of the Master? This isn't King, and I don't want to deal with more Unique. It's restrictive and it only has ONE ability on it that I could use.