Crafting rules?

By jadrax, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I was just reading a review of the game and read that the Crafting rules where particually good, and wondered if anyone could give me an overview of the system?

I already translated the most important here . And Anima Studio and other good guys gave their advices after it.

Intresting, so the only crafting is for enchanted items?

I probably misunderstood what you ment by crafting... I'm french and a bit tired today. If you talk about creating characters, creatures, powers and such... yes the system is very deep and flexible, and permit to create almost everything you want.

I probably misunderstood what you ment by crafting... I'm french and a bit tired today. If you talk about creating characters, creatures, powers and such... yes the system is very deep and flexible, and permit to create almost everything you want.

I think he means crafting items.

Like a blacksmith making a sword, or a wizard enchanting an axe.

crafting of "regular" items is easy (there is no magic/enchanting system in Anima, it's not DnD)

let's says we are making a longsword
- first, you look at the base difficulty in a table (120 for a longsword)
- you choose a material : that will modify your crafting skill, and limit the maximum quality you can get (iron longsword ? -20 to your skill; max quality +5)
- you decide how long you will be working on it : less than a week gives you a penalty, more gives you a bonus (lets settle for 2 months, for a +40)
- you make your roll

If you match the difficulty, you have successfully crafted your item.
If you get less, the item will be of poor quality (-5 for each step below required difficulty)
If you get more, the item will be of good quality (+5 for each step above required difficulty; limited by chosen material)

each +5 of a weapon increases damage, speed, hardness... (and each -5 lowers it)