Fire Selector Upgrade

By Rikeran, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

Good Morning Everyone !

I was wondering about one thing - fire selector upgrade.

In rules, we have that "A weapon with fire selector can have up to three different clips added."

I'm not native english speaking person and I was wondering if it means that... it'll give to the weapon extra THREE more magazines? In this case, boltgun would have not 24 ammo but... 96 bullets before reloading. Is it true or I've just something wrong understood ?

I don't know if clip in this case means single bullet or extra magazine, this is why I ask.

Thank you for your patience :)

Rikeran said:

Good Morning Everyone !

I was wondering about one thing - fire selector upgrade.

In rules, we have that "A weapon with fire selector can have up to three different clips added."

I'm not native english speaking person and I was wondering if it means that... it'll give to the weapon extra THREE more magazines? In this case, boltgun would have not 24 ammo but... 96 bullets before reloading. Is it true or I've just something wrong understood ?

I don't know if clip in this case means single bullet or extra magazine, this is why I ask.

Thank you for your patience :)

It's a whole nother magazine. So, yes, a boltgun with a fire selector would have 96 bolts.

Ouch... and everyone of them will be reloaded in one full (half with talent...) action? It's almost heavy bolter ! :D

It's even weirder with a strom bolter. 180 shots, free action to switch clips. (at least in dark heresy) Or any heavy weapon, 600 round heavy bolter.

Rikeran said:

Ouch... and everyone of them will be reloaded in one full (half with talent...) action? It's almost heavy bolter ! :D

I'm pretty sure that each clip has to be reloaded separately since you now have to change 3 magazines instead of just the one. So if the weapon has a reload time of a half action, that means it will take 3 half actions to fully load it from empty. But there is noting saying you have to reload all three at the same time, so if the battle goes long enough to empty all three clips I can easily see two of them being left empty until the battle is over.

SomVone said:

It's even weirder with a strom bolter. 180 shots, free action to switch clips. (at least in dark heresy) Or any heavy weapon, 600 round heavy bolter.

Agreed on the storm bolter. But the fire selector only applies to pistols and basic weapons, not heavies.

Just to clarify - I think it increases your weapon's capacity to 3 magazines, not by 3 magazines. This means a boltgun with a fire selector wouls have 24 x 3 = 72, not 24 x 4 = 96.

HappyDaze said:

Just to clarify - I think it increases your weapon's capacity to 3 magazines, not by 3 magazines. This means a boltgun with a fire selector wouls have 24 x 3 = 72, not 24 x 4 = 96.

Doh! Someone who knows how to do math! Ya, what he said is what he said is far more accurate then what I said.