The Character Sheet

By player1482933, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

I just picked up a copy of Anima, and I've been trying to create some characters to familiarize myself with the rules more. The problem is, the sheet is fairly confusing/intimidating, and the book itself doesn't do a very good job of explaining it (ie: Take Characteristic Modifier A and add it to Class Bonus B, place in slot C on the sheet)

Can anyone give a character sheet walkthrough?

Thanks

darkknightrising said:

I just picked up a copy of Anima, and I've been trying to create some characters to familiarize myself with the rules more. The problem is, the sheet is fairly confusing/intimidating, and the book itself doesn't do a very good job of explaining it (ie: Take Characteristic Modifier A and add it to Class Bonus B, place in slot C on the sheet)

Can anyone give a character sheet walkthrough?

Thanks

This would be a good idea. Also if possible from the perspective that you have never done any previous game system rules. Maybe even a home made scenario <for those really ambitious> That could go thru step by step. Keep maybe to the basic archtypes a warrior a mage a Tao expert maybe?

<I just got the book the other day and I'm chewing away also at these rules.>

Anima at first look appears complex compared to current 4th edition dnd. Providing a web based step thru that explains the character design in detail should help bring even more gamers to this EXCELENT product.

In french our editor-translator gave us a document to help people to create their first characters. Maybe FFG will translate it.

For character sheets : h ttp://projet.animajdr.free.fr/download.php?list.15

Not exactly real detailed here but just a berief overview of the sheet

Ok first sheet has all your stats, skills and combat usefull info (initiative, lifepoints, attacks and defense rating)

All of the stats follow a similar format, they have a base rating which represents the number of base points you have in a stat or skill (ie the number you get from spending development points) a bonus which is the bonus for the attribute the skill is linked to (ie dextarity for your attack stat or intelligence for your memorize skill) a class bonus which is whatever bonus your chosen class gives (found in the third chapeter) and a special bonus (abriviated SPE) which is any other bonus gained from any other source (like from moduals or martial arts or magic or the like)

On the second sheet you have your resistances, advantages/disadvantages (2nd step after generating attributes), and all of your supernatural talents (that confusing looking tree is your magic path rating)

Third sheet is equipment and money (self explainitory)

4th sheet is additional info, free access spells, summoning info, elan (divine favor), the damage table relates to the to hit table in the combat section and is just there to have easy access to the ammount of damage done at each degree of success.

I found the Character Sheet very intimidating to new players, so I made a new one. It's not perfect but it organizes it a little differently, giving all the supernaturals their own pages ( Ki, Psychic, and Magic that is ) as well as a modified equipment page. If anyone wants it, or would help tell me what it needs, I'll gladly e-mail it to them.

Hey all,

I just picked up Anima on a whim. Read a couple reviews, and figured what the hell. My group is pretty excited to give the game a try...but we lack an english version of the character sheet. Is there one? Has to be some where, a nice PDF or something. Just spent a couple hours surfing the net and can't find one. Hit me back if you have an answer.

you can get it from the FFG site

or check here , and then there

i wouldnt mind a copy of it! my e-mail is [email protected]

thank you ever so much!

Ty

why don't you just download it ? sorpresa.gif

anyway, sending you one

uh... i meant that one that Asinus made.. the downloadable sheet on the main page is a little intimidating, and i want to have something simpler when i get my book :)

yeaaahh... i need a character sheet thats a little less intimidating *scratches head* :-

Ysalaine said:

In french our editor-translator gave us a document to help people to create their first characters. Maybe FFG will translate it.

For character sheets : h ttp://projet.animajdr.free.fr/download.php?list.15

merci for the character sheets though I got confused as a fourth year student of french and wasn't quite sure were to download descolae pour ca mais vous aidez moi avec ca si vous plait? je ne jamais fais encore

I was having trouble figuring out how to download sorry I know I have bad grammar

Just click on the blue arrow ^^

Asinus said:

I found the Character Sheet very intimidating to new players, so I made a new one. It's not perfect but it organizes it a little differently, giving all the supernaturals their own pages ( Ki, Psychic, and Magic that is ) as well as a modified equipment page. If anyone wants it, or would help tell me what it needs, I'll gladly e-mail it to them.

I'd like to see your character sheet, please. >> crackermalk (at) gmail (dot) com

If you agree to send me one, I could put in on my website and put the download link here, of course, if it's ok for you gui%C3%B1o.gif

ysalaine AT gmail DOT com

Hey- sounds great. I'd like it, too.

Email:

Kupokupkupo AT gmail DOT com

Thanks.

Ysalaine, this was probably done by mistake but you didn't credit me with the creation of the editable English sheet. Would you mind correcting that? I've tried registering, but I think there's a manual validation thing you or somebody has to do - I don't know, because I speak English, a little bit of German, a smattering of Mongolian, and a scattered little bit of Hebrew, and the message it gave me was in none of those languages. lol

Ok, I'll credit you ASAP ^^

When I upload documents myself, I'm credited of its creation by default. I'll change it ! But if someone uploads himself his documents, he's of course credited for it.

And, you're right, I need to activate new accounts myself (to prevent bot-created accounts), and it's done, you're activated ^^

Ok, so I picked up a copy of Anima a couple of days ago and I have been puzzling over it since. But I have started working on a walkthrough for everyone. I have experience with all types of Table Top RPGs and believe I can get everyone started in the right direction. I will be putting it up in this string on Friday or Saturday of this week (March 6-7 2009). I will try and have some .jpgs and detailed descriptions for each sheet of the Character sheet. I am also working on a new Sheet that is easier to understand than the basic sheet in the book. Once you understand the individual parts of the sheet, it will flow easier for you. And when its done, I encourage you to try my walkthrough, and then hit me back with your thoughts and any changes you think would be useful or more coherent. Until then....

There's actually been a lot of resources already posted. This forum is a bit dry because the Edge Entertainment English forum is more active. Might I reccomend you check out that forum and see if some of the stuff you're talking about isn't already there? I'm not saying don't do it, mind - quite the contrary. I'm just saying you might not want to do it if somebody else has already done it.

Sweet... Thanks for the heads up main! Will check it out.