How Big is Your Cannon?

By NoobFighterFTW, in UFS General Discussion

I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out how to build a fast Taki deck that utilizes "Ninja Cannon: Fury" as it's kill condition. Seeing as how you cannot use momentum to pay the cost, and spamming attacks only work if your opponent doesn't block them to use her "E". Her "F" is awesome, but limited to one blank foundation a turn. Which leaves me with only one option. Grey Wall (or in her case orange wall {back of the cards for those who don't get it}) until you get enough to one shot with NCF, and hope you haven't flipping your speed pumps. I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems a little too time consuming in this format with all the turn two/three kill deck out there.

I'm not saying I want to turn her into a turn two kill deck, it would be nice, but unlikely. I would just like to know any suggestions on making this deck idea faster.

Thanks in advance.

Off of Chaos, you have Need to Destroy, which can create face down cards when it blows itself up. Mix in G-Corp Leader, and you could have a face down factory going. Play a NtD, and a G-Corp Leader. Play an attack next turn, pop the NtD, use G-Corp to return it to your hand, and play it after the attack. Rinse repeat for every NtD-GCorp combo you have, and 2 HP you are willing to part with. Could get you a bit of a head start. Unfortunately, NtD cannot boost the powerful ability on Ninja Cannon, so there is limited value to it.

-Tinman

There's a flaw with the Need to Destroy - G-Corp Leader madness: it's a Gender: Male Response , and there's no way in hell you're getting me to buy that one. gran_risa.gif

Ah, true. But some other destro effect will work. Maniacal Laughter or the like. But in the end it is a lot of hoo-haa for very little. I would rather be building up to a Curse of the Ancient Mariner than a Ninja Cannon. Wild Storm -> Assassin's Secret -> Curse of the Ancient Mariner -> Ninja Tactics.

-Tinman

NoobFighterFTW said:

I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out how to build a fast Taki deck that utilizes "Ninja Cannon: Fury" as it's kill condition. Seeing as how you cannot use momentum to pay the cost, and spamming attacks only work if your opponent doesn't block them to use her "E". Her "F" is awesome, but limited to one blank foundation a turn. Which leaves me with only one option. Grey Wall (or in her case orange wall {back of the cards for those who don't get it}) until you get enough to one shot with NCF, and hope you haven't flipping your speed pumps. I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems a little too time consuming in this format with all the turn two/three kill deck out there.

I'm not saying I want to turn her into a turn two kill deck, it would be nice, but unlikely. I would just like to know any suggestions on making this deck idea faster.

Thanks in advance.

2 big things you seems to be not noticing, and a 3rd small thing on the side

#1 to build up a good amount of face down foundations "fast" you have to have attacks deal damage, and its not always gonna be 1 or 2 damage,by the time you get to the ninja cannon your opponent should be at around half or maybe a little more unless you have been throwing a lot of speed pumps out, then you may not even need the cannon.

#2 Taki doesnt need to be as fast as every other character, she will slow down a consistant turn 3 deck into a late turn 5 or 6 deck, if not completely stopping it with her terrain. she also doesnt need to run exclusively the furry ninja cannon as her kill, if its not apparent. the only real character this doesnt apply to is heihachi.

#3 i have a taki deck up, with furry ninja cannon as the flashy finisher, on the deckbuilding forums that can kill turn 3, theoretically even turn 2 if going second, and also play a mean late game.

"what if they play alot of DR?" flip it over. "what if they play alot of broken foundations that let them kill fast?" flip them over. "what if they play alot of anti commital?" flip it over. "what if theyre playing heihachi?" pray they draw horribly. "what if they play Rashotep?" get over it and chuck attacks.

Ziephnir said:

#1 to build up a good amount of face down foundations "fast" you have to have attacks deal damage, and its not always gonna be 1 or 2 damage,by the time you get to the ninja cannon your opponent should be at around half or maybe a little more unless you have been throwing a lot of speed pumps out, then you may not even need the cannon.

Honestly... 4-5 foundations and you just hit for 15. Is it REALLY that hard?

And commit a face down to take a card from hand and flip it face down in your staging area.

Tekken forces must be lovely together with ninja cannon off life..

Mordai said:

Tekken forces must be lovely together with ninja cannon off life..

The biggest problem is that, if you're playing Taki correctly, you WON'T have more foundations than your opponent.

All you could hope to do is play Ninja Cannon, blow up foundations until you have less than the opponent, Form with Tekken Forces, play another Ninja Cannon, clear the last one with Finding Happiness, and then redo the Combo, which really, at that point is kinda redundant.