I have 2 questions about the rules.

By Parzival2, in WFRP Rules Questions

Last night, we wrapped up our current game, and spent a bit of time wondering about the new rules. I answered what I could, based on what I have read on these forms, and the design notes. But there where two questions that I had no why of answering, and now I am wondering about them, myself.

1: Are there penalties for wearing heavy armor?

2: Are there any rules for non leathal damage?

Pretty much a simple "yes" or " no" will do. Thanks in advance.

I don't have the rules yet, but I think I can answer question #2. I believe fatigue loss is one way to represent non-lethal damage.

1) Only due to Encumbrance (pg 81). Note that S3 can only carry 15. Full plate is 8 of that, and a hand weapon is 3, making 11. They're getting pretty close to max weight limit already.

2) I agree. If they're intentionally striking non-lethal it's probably best represented by using fatigue.

Ha. I am working blind here, and I kinda thought fatigue would be the way to go.

Again, thanks.

alternately, the normal damage system might work fine: It takes multiple critical wounds to actually kill a character, and you can always choose to not activate criticals. The character will still take a single critical wound when he hits his wound threshold and passes out, but that's it.

arscott said:

alternately, the normal damage system might work fine: It takes multiple critical wounds to actually kill a character, and you can always choose to not activate criticals. The character will still take a single critical wound when he hits his wound threshold and passes out, but that's it.

I'm leaning this way for barfights, fights that happen in a ring (the fair at Bogenhafen) will use fatigue - but only one fatigue loss per blow landed, +1 per "critical".

Parzival said:

Last night, we wrapped up our current game, and spent a bit of time wondering about the new rules. I answered what I could, based on what I have read on these forms, and the design notes. But there where two questions that I had no why of answering, and now I am wondering about them, myself.

1: Are there penalties for wearing heavy armor?

2: Are there any rules for non leathal damage?

Pretty much a simple "yes" or " no" will do. Thanks in advance.

To question 1: Yes, Though the penaliteis are for casters mostly. They take misfortune dice equal to the soak value of the armor while trying to cast. Other then that only encumberance penalities come into play.

To question 2: You could probably make some house rules about a weapon giving fatique tokens to a character rather then straight wounds.

For non-lethal damage I would simply use regular wounds. It's the most strait forward and keeping with the rules. I would allow Comets and 2-Boon allow +1 damage. There would be no critical damage level.

However, each Chaos mark rolled would equal +1 critical. 2-Bane -1 damage.