Xianghua and the killer question

By Target X, in UFS Rules Q & A

Her second ability reads:

R (+x): After your attack deals damage, add one foundation with a dificulty of X or less from your hand to your staging area ready. X equals the damage dealt.

Now what I want to know, is does this allow her to drop foundations that share no symbols her? Like say for the money.

I so hope she can't ^^;

sadly she can.... failure to place a "foundation that could be played normally" on her makes her the new not SO broken J. Talbain.... so i am sorry to all those who realize how broken this is

not that broken at all. She has 18 vitality, kill her

sure kill her when she can go turn 1 pointing thrust, drop a for the money, playful slice, drop a financial troubles, waterfall, combo E, drop a carefree, finish playing out hand

I like how that sounds so broken, except

1. You auto-assume slow attacks won't get blocked

2. You just played out your whole hand with an 18 vit character, good luck seeing another turn

3. If the attacks get blocked, you can't even block with the foundations that don't share resources with Xianghua because they don't... share resources

but yeah, she's definitely broken and I'm gonna talk to James and Steve about banning her ASAP!

Over reacting Tag is over reacting with sarcasm.

But thanks for answering my question. Its not that I find her broken, but I wanted to be sure should the situation ever arise.

dragoku said:

sure kill her when she can go turn 1 pointing thrust, a for the money, playful slice, a financial troubles, waterfall, combo E, a carefree, finish playing out hand

If she is somehow managing to do this while tapped going first thats pretty awesome. If shes going second im sure her opponent will have two ready foundations and a card in hand, so who cares. Also, 4 speed attack lawlz

Target X said:

Over reacting Tag is over reacting with sarcasm.

It's more frustration with the community being so over-reactive. I'm sick of it. I'm sure a lot of other people are. :|

Well it's a good thing you decided to become part of the problem rather then trying to be part of the precipitate.

Im not sure where all this "over reacting" that tag is referring to is taking place.

Sure i mentioned that IMO she will be the first card errata'd/banned (if any).

i did NOT call for any action (and i thought i made that clear).

Others have posted decklists, asked for clarification if they don't need to match symbol, or mentioned that she is really different than most characters in the meta.

I mentioned that i don't think it will be long before she "does things" that the average person will not see. i.e. i really think a crafty deckbuilder will be able to do some amazing things with her ( i am trying myself :P ).

I did not see (it is possible i missed it) anyone calling for action, saying OMGBROKEN, or anything like that. She sparks conversation because she has unusual abilities.

Sure people have compared in to Talbain, but talbain was not broken for being able to get around chaining, he was broken because he almost prevented your opponent from playing foundations (or at least made them think really hard before dropping one).

Tag, take a shot, a bonghit, whatever, and just calm down. 90% of the threads i open have you jumping in with some stupid ass remark, and its usually not very clever/funner/humourous or insightful.

Well I don't know how else to construe stuff like "She'll be the first to get a ban/errata" or "sure kill her when she can blah blah blah".

It's basically saying "I think this card sounds broken", etc.

Tagrineth said:

Well I don't know how else to construe stuff like "She'll be the first to get a ban/errata" or "sure kill her when she can blah blah blah".

Tell me who will get banned/errata'd before her?

And keep this as a logical argument please. That means that given events A and B, if neither of them ever happen, then you can say A will happen before B.

Saying she will be addressed before anyone else doesn't imply that she will be addressed (or needs to be). It implies that she is more likely to be addressed than anyone else.

Lots of characters do speed pumps. Lots of characters do damage pumps. Lots of characters cause disruption. Lots of characters hack control checks.

Not many characters foundations straight from hand to staging area. Not many characters can get around resource restriction.

Xianghua does both.

Time will show what Xianghua will do. I'm gonna quit mentioning her and see what happens.

I do ask you one question, what is the character/card in your opinion that will be the first to be errata'd/banned? Keep in mind this does not mean you think it will happen, just that it is the most "likely" candidate. (could be <1% chance, i don't care, its still the "most likely")

I don't care who will get banned or errataed. As far as I'm concerned, none deserve it at all.

Smazzurco said:

Tagrineth said:

Tell me what will get banned/errata'd before her?

Pavilion

DvON said:

Smazzurco said:

Tell me what will get banned/errata'd before her?

Pavilion

Someone is paying attention.

If you wanna talk about cards already slated for errata, Kisheri too.

thats it i quit, iam selling my entire collection...for 100 bucks whoever wants it...

Awaken said:

thats it i quit, iam selling my entire collection...for 100 bucks whoever wants it...

*Raises Hand.*

lol please understand it was sarcasm over the people who make me want to tear my eyes out...

Awaken said:

lol please understand it was sarcasm over the people who make me want to tear my eyes out...

Cool story, bro.

Awaken said:

One thing you and I will forever agree on

It's a card game, stop bawwwwwing about people complaining. You r-tard.

Too lazy to make another thread about Xianghua and I figure this thread could use a little help getting back on topic.

Question: when you use her form and you add that 4 difficulty attack to your card pool, does that count as playing it, aka you go into enhance step and damage step? and same question for some of her other card support, if you add an attack to your card pool, or an action for that matter, does it act the same as playing it from your hand?

Lunatiq said:

Too lazy to make another thread about Xianghua and I figure this thread could use a little help getting back on topic.

Question: when you use her form and you add that 4 difficulty attack to your card pool, does that count as playing it, aka you go into enhance step and damage step? and same question for some of her other card support, if you add an attack to your card pool, or an action for that matter, does it act the same as playing it from your hand?

No. It is simply added to the card pool. The attack sequence is not initiated because the attack was not played.

So it adds to progressive difficulty, but it also facilitates combo.