Character Discussion: Kisheri

By Smazzurco, in UFS General Discussion

Kisheri has caught my eye. I have been toying with a life build and contemplating a death build. The builds have completely different focus. Life has quite a few tricks that reveal cards from your opponents hand where as death has more destruction and general control.

Her biggest hurdle i faced while playtesting vs a Steve Fox punch deck was Gut Drill. Off death i am contemplating Lethal Fighting Style to make them have to ditch a 2nd card to play gut drill. Making the opponent hold a gut drill + another card will at least slow them down...

Here are a few tricks i have been using off life

Keeper of the Watchers: Speed pump + i get to look at a card from my opponents hand, and react with a forced discard.

Just Kidding: See above.

Needs a Challenge: Reveal a card, react with Kisheri, and I get to change the attack zone

Taio Wu Kick: Reveals a card...and a +1M block....good times

Just that gives 16/59 cards that reveal a card from the opponents hand and sets up Kisheri..thats just over 25%.

The only downside with a life build is i lack Menuet Dance and it makes the kill a bit difficult.

Off death you get Yoshi's Support for more discard, or Nightmares support for more disruption. Also cursed blood for build speed. And Nina for more discard.

Also in death the attack base is a lot stronger. You can still use Menuett Dance, but there are other options as well.

I will most likely do a death build, and settle on a dual symbol.

Anyone else have any ideas/tricks for Kisheri?

Maybe a way besides flexible body to not die so quickly...Kisquishee dies easily at 7/18

I did think about a Life/Death build using all the basic Death control cards and the life foundations that grant dmg bonuses..

One combo I thought of was Mist Stance + Menuette Dance and then a mix of Keeper of the Watchers and Kisheri herself to drain there hand..

It feels almost obvious that the best builds for her are Death, Life and dual between those. Void is hard to push for her considering the amount of revealing and discard in Life and Death, respectively, and how little Void has outside of what already has discard (there's a good bit but it doesn't seem to suit her).

Death has Cold and Indifferent + Stoic Assassin (since you're not exactly Nina), Deathcopter Attack, Wipe The Floor, War Between Sisters/Meditating in Battle, Keeper of the Watchers, Perfect Sense of Balance and some damage pump.

Then again off of Life you have Tiao Wu Kick, Keeper, Perfect Sense, Just Kidding and most importantly for when they're out of a hand, Playful/Acrobatic to combine with speed pump. Also, there are enough Life high attacks to warant the awesomeness of Mist Stance, and she gains access to Genius Alchemist so Mist Stance doesn't interrupt a lot.

If it were me, I wouldn't focus on the discard. The reason being that if they have been discarding cards, then they'll most likely discard cards with a higher difficulty so the ability can't be as powerful during the next attack, which might get easily blocked. Unless, that is, PtP hits the table. At which point yeah ditch their hand.

My one issue with her is how insanely fragile she is; then again that's a good thing for someone that powerful.

I believe that the best way for her to go is to only use her discard with cards that reveal your opponents whole hand.

I have been using the mitsu card, the new bitter rivals...forget the name, to look at their whole hand. Then using Just kidding and the like to discard additional cards.

Gut Drill is a problem for kisquishee....and if people start maining soul waves she will become instant bottom tier.

Smazzurco said:

Gut Drill is a problem for kisquishee....and if people start maining soul waves she will become instant bottom tier.

Or Tien Lei : Iron Thunder.

Homme Chapeau said:

Smazzurco said:

Or Tien Lei : Iron Thunder.