Multiples

By rC(-_-), in UFS Rules Q & A

Soo, i see people post a lot lately about changing the zone of a multiple and then multiplying it out the multiples keep the changed zone. Has it always been like this? Or is that a change with the AGR? I thought it used to be multiples copied all printed values except for the text box but i see that isn't the case anymore (if it ever was :-O).

2.14.2.4 Multiple
Multiple: X (Enhance) - E Discard up to X momentum: Place the momentum
discarded to pay for this ability face down into your card pool to the right of
the Multiple attack. Each of the cards placed into your card pool counts as a
copy of the Multiple attack with a blank text box and speed and damage values
equal to the printed values of the original attack. No control check is required
to play these cards, and each copy has its own Enhance Phase, Block Step, and
Damage Step. Players must go from left to right, resolving each attack in turn.
If a multiple copy would go to a player’s momentum for any reason, it is
discarded instead. If you attempt to create a “multiple copy” of a “multiple
copy,” the “copy of the copy” is discarded.
2.14.2.4.1 The Multiple keyword is a played ability.
2.14.2.4.2 A card with Multiple is also considered to have an enhance ability
printed on the card.
2.14.2.4.3 Multiple copies have no printed values of their own. The
face down card is only the representation of an attack, and
anything that references printed values of the attack will return a
“null” (or “zero” for a number).

rC( -_- ) said:

Soo, i see people post a lot lately about changing the zone of a multiple and then multiplying it out the multiples keep the changed zone. Has it always been like this? Or is that a change with the AGR? I thought it used to be multiples copied all printed values except for the text box but i see that isn't the case anymore (if it ever was :-O).

2.14.2.4 Multiple
equal to the printed values of the original attack. No control check is required
printed on the card.

Any other multiples? As the printed copy.

guitalex2008 said:

rC( -_- ) said:

2.14.2.4 Multiple
printed on the card.

If the multiple in question is Fury of the Ancients, using its E to change its zone will give the multiples the same E, but not the same zone. So each of its multiples will be able to change its own zone.

Any other multiples? As the printed copy.

i have read that a multiple copies the PRINTED speed and dmg, but copies the CURRENT attack zone. So changing an attack zone before you multiple out effects the attack zone of the multiples.

Smazzurco said:

i have read that a multiple copies the PRINTED speed and dmg, but copies the CURRENT attack zone. So changing an attack zone before you multiple out effects the attack zone of the multiples.

Why would Fury of the Ancients give the multiples the E if it could just make itself low and multiply? This makes no sense.

In version 1.9 of the rules, multiples copied all printed information.

In the current version of the rules they only copy the printed speed and damage, everything else is the current values.

So if you change the difficulty of the attack, all of the multiples would inherit the changed difficulty. If you change the zone of the attack before multiplying then the multiples will inherit the changed zone. Or if you change the block multiplier before you multiply it, the multiples will have the new block multiplier.

guitalex2008 said:

Smazzurco said:

......this is news to me.

Why would Fury of the Ancients give the multiples the E if it could just make itself low and multiply? This makes no sense.

Who says you want all of your attacks to be the same zone? That's like saying you'd ever only want to change the zone once.

aslum said:

In version 1.9 of the rules, multiples copied all printed information.

In the current version of the rules they only copy the printed speed and damage, everything else is the current values.

So if you change the difficulty of the attack, all of the multiples would inherit the changed difficulty. If you change the zone of the attack before multiplying then the multiples will inherit the changed zone. Or if you change the block multiplier before you multiply it, the multiples will have the new block multiplier.

i guess i can see the reason for that change, it just never caught my eye before

Regardless, I got confirmation from Hata; it's always been printed zone.

Please change the AGR accordingly.

No, it doesn't.

"The current rules arbiters are: Antigoth, GouHadou, and Korrin. Their answers are official."

Neither rules arbiter responded to that. The ruling was not official.

Technically, this is just an AGR oversight, but the ruling has always been printed everything for their values.

Neither thread has an official response. I will wait for one. But that thread is where this idea popped into my head in the first place, lol

guitalex2008 said:

No, it doesn't.

"The current rules arbiters are: Antigoth, GouHadou, and Korrin. Their answers are official."

Neither rules arbiter responded to that. The ruling was not official.

Technically, this is just an AGR oversight, but the ruling has always been printed everything for their values.

guitalex2008 said:

Technically, this is just an AGR oversight, but the rule has been printed everything for their values up to version 1.9 of the rules .

Fixed.

---

An additional note, if the AGR is going to be changed, care should be taken so that the contradiction between copying everything, and having a blank text box is not brought back.

Changing it to "...and speed , attack zone and damage values
equal to the printed..." should be sufficient.