Money?

By ffgjunkie, in Anima: The Card Game

Hey all,

really enjoying Anima card game so far, and I like how it is open enough to allow for some house rules.

One idea I've been toying with is to have a money system. It would not require more cards, but perhaps more counters.

For each character you get, a dice roll would determine how much money they start with.

Ie), roll 1-5, get that much $, 6=0.

You may also get money from creatures/encounters depending on the level. (1$ per area level?).

In towns (perhaps only those with trade), you would be able to 'buy' advantage cards for a moderate amount (4$?) and during a reset phase where you are staying in a town, you can sell advantage cards for half the price.

One might even think about hiring 'mercenaries' represented by counters that have very low stats and join you for a limited # of turns or # of battles.

Thoughts? Comments?

The only problem I see with that is you are diminishing the reward areas that offer advantage cards. That was one of the things I liked about it. You had to make a choice of getting advantage cards or going to some place to complete a mission. It would be hard to add a big thing like that without completely redoing the game mechanics. Just my thoughts though.