Dis Caad...

By Shaneth, in UFS General Discussion

... is mad gay.

103.jpg

How many attack turns does this wreck?

It wrecked soooo many ******* last night.

Renders Combo to utter uselessness.

MMMMMM... how YOU doin'????!!!!!?!?!?

No disrespect meant here Shane, but... old news is old.

Sorry sir, I am a bit woozy on dis.

And I figured somebody would say that.

Have you seen Taki's Terrain? It basically does the same thing, on every attack. Course they hafta deal damage for it to work, but talk about complete slow down...

Makingsenseofus said:

Have you seen Taki's Terrain? It basically does the same thing, on every attack. Course they hafta deal damage for it to work, but talk about complete slow down...

With lu chen you play the E on robes of grandmaster, have Takis terrain out, and use Know when. 4-5 cards clogging their pool easily.

This is the jank i had to deal with at our store championship (minus takis terrain). Lu chen is nuts. And life/good both got a huge boost

I love that foundation so, so much.

Funny how changing an E to an R is the difference between this and Won't Settle for Second Best, which was not as well received, but I loved.

I adored Won't Settle for Second Best in my Reversal/Breaker/Card Pool Filler madhouse Guile6. Block with breaker, chuck cards into the card pool, and then a reversal for next to nothing with Guile6's R. It was absolutely a blast to play.

Lu Chen is so madhouse right now. He's going to be wrecking faces.

ROTBI said:

Funny how changing an E to an R is the difference between this and Won't Settle for Second Best, which was not as well received, but I loved.

How was Won't Settle not loved? **** I guess I was alone. If anything it was a spam foundation, nice 1 diff with a +1 high block, and unlike this, didn't invalidate reversals. The metagame was different then. I remember a certain action back then, something absurd, if memory serves...

Also, this card + Amy E Commit = pass something. I dare you.

how can you reverse if you have responded with this card. o_O

Hayamachop said:

how can you reverse if you have responded with this card. o_O

Screw the rules, I have money.

My bad, nice catch.

Dis caad... is mad AWESOME!

Think of it like this: People who like to play non-aggro decks need an answer to combo attack strings. This card gives them that answer. You may say that newfs is supposed to be about aggro. I say wrong. It's supposed to be about equalizing win options. Before, gray wars were pretty much the way to go, simply because control was so overpowered. By empowering aggro more, you solve this problem. However, control and reversal based decks and even mill are supposed to be valid deck types in newfs as well. This card, among others, is designed to disrupt combo strings in order to even the playing field between an aggro deck and other decks in the meta. If everything in the meta empowered aggro but punished people for playing other decks, we'd be back to square one, but on the other side of the spectrum.

I hate to love this card.. It does slow the game down alot.. and if both sides get 4 copies out.. good luck attacking

Won't Settle for Second Best had harsh competition for deck space off Evil, didn't help Life win, and Order just didn't need it.

I still played it though! lol

Wow, I don't remember posting this.

Tagrineth said:

Won't Settle for Second Best had harsh competition for deck space off Evil, didn't help Life win, and Order just didn't need it.

Ian Firth and I both played it in our Life Nakorurus. "Won't Not Be First" saved you and discouraged your opponent from a lot of kill turns.

Shaneth said:

Wow, I don't remember posting this.

Tagrineth said:

Ian Firth and I both played it in our Life Nakorurus. "Won't Not Be First" saved you and discouraged your opponent from a lot of kill turns.

I also played it in my life ruru deck back in the day.....its still one of my favorites that ive ever built too