Mitsurugi w/ Fire

By Saikyun, in UFS Deck Building

I'm not really planning on playing Mitsu, but when me and a friend discussed the new set we both thought Mitsu was a bit too easy to build an at least decent deck around. Here's something I made, just for fun and discussion. :)

Character
1x Mitsurugi

Attacks 18x
2x Zi Mei's Wheel Kick
4x Turn Thruster
4x Pommel Smash
4x Full Moon Disembowel
4x Fire Brand

Actions 6x
4x Mist Stance
2x Quick Strike

Assets 4x
4x Path of the Master

Foundations 32x
4x For the Money
4x Hungry for Battle
4x Broodling
4x Unrefined
4x Defeated the Rifle
4x Financial Troubles
4x Battle Tested
4x Looking for a Thrill

Some stuff that might or might not be good:
Path of the Master + Battle Tested (and Defeated the Rifle) = Card drawing. Dunno if it's good enough to be playable, but I thought it was cool.
Mitsu's F->Mist Stance->Full Moon Disembowel->Fire Brand = At least 21 damage, plus the E from Full Moon Disembowel and eventual foundations.
Mitsu's F->Mist Stance->Zi Mei's Wheel Kick/Pommel Smash->TURN THRUSTER->TURN THRUSTER->TURN THRUSTER->TURN THRUSTER = Lots of damage. Not that 4 of them will be likely (or neeed), but if you draw two it's still a lot of damage.

I don't really know what to say, most stuff is rather intuitive.

Please comment and criticize. :)

No The Strength Within ? It offers more card drawing with PotM , and the abilities for its stats (and the stats themselves) are insaaaaane.

I guess I could change Ready for Battle for it, a bit more stability. I took it out in favour of Defeated the Rifle. Not really sure, maybe sometimes you'll mostly draw many small attacks, and then you might want to be able to boost all of them. :) I guess I'd need to try the deck out to know that.

i tried inhuman speed in my mits. deck. it actually pretty good.

But more often than not I don't really want to change zones. :>

but changing zone is so useful!

Well, I think that'd need testing, but I think stun + mist stance + Mitsu's F is better than changing zones without knowing the opponents hand. I have one card that looks at the opponents hand, and that card is perfectly capable of changing it's own zone. :)

Here's a cause for concern for you, bro: You have 0 (count 'em, ZERO ) low blocks. Something's gonna have to change from that lineup, because Spinning Demon will eat you for LUNCH, my friend. I like Hammer Uppercut for truly massive damage despite the 2 check (subs in nicely for Turn Thruster ), but that's just me.

Hahaha, that's a great point, didn't really think about the blocks. :P

2x Zi Mei's Wheel Kick, 1x Pommel Smash, 1x Fire Brand -> 4x Execution Technique First Rite
First Rite's ability can be used with Full Moon.

4x Hungry for Battle -> 4x Envoy of the Queen

4x Turn Thruster -> Hammer Uppercut (not so sure about this, it needs testing I guess =)
Also works with First Rite.

Now there are at least 12x Low Blocks. :)

Execution Technique First Rite is a great choice here. While it may not work all that well with Mitsurugi* 's "pick a zone and pound it" scheme", it packs Stun , a low block, and can combo with Fire Brand , Full Moon Disembowel , and Hammer Uppercut . I'm not sold on Zi Mei's Wheel Kick and Pommel Smash in the same deck; I'd swap one of them out (probably the Wheel Kick , since Pommel Smash has targeted commit and having all weapons opens the door for using weapon-specific goodies such as Reaver's Axe ).

Okay, here's a new version. :) Complete with blocks.

Character
1x Mitsurugi - (6/6 6HS 28Vitality +0M)

Attacks 18x
4x Execution Technique: First Rite - (4/3 3L3 Stun:2 Weapon +2L)
3x Hammer Uppercut - (5/2 3H7 Weapon +2L)
4x Pommel Smash - (3/3 2H1 Stun:1 Weapon)
4x Full Moon Disembowel - (5/3 4H4 Weapon Combo +2H)
3x Fire Brand

Actions 6x
4x Mist Stance - (2/5 +2M)
2x Quick Strike - (4/5 +3H)

Assets 4x
4x Path of the Master - (2/5 Unique +2M)

Foundations 32x
4x For the Money - (2/5 +3M)
4x Envoy of the Queen - (1/5 Weapon +3L)
4x Broodling - (1/5 +3H)
4x Unrefined - (2/5)
4x Defeated the Rifle - (2/5)
4x Financial Troubles - (2/5)
4x Battle Tested - (2/5)
4x Looking for a Thrill - (2/4 +3H)

Have you considered paul's gi?? you get both affects with mitsurugi, plus the added draw off of potm. Other then that solid deck.