Murder Servitors

By jareddm, in Rogue Trader House Rules

I'm swiping St. Jimmy's rules for my house rules with a few tweaks. This is how I'm handling Murder Servitors and 'porters. Once let my players finally get a ship. I think my PC would be unhappy, but I suspect I won't get too much push bask as. I doubt they'll be using them on the bad guys for a long time. The bad on the other hand....

Teleportarium

Being transported through the Warp to arrive at your destination is an imperfect science, made all the harder by the fact that next to nothing is known about how these ancient devices work. Those capable of manipulating the Warp can help direct it.

A character operating the Teleportarium may make a psyniscience or tech use skill check. If a character has both he recieves a +20 bonus to his best skill.

If the enemy ship has an active it's gellar field the roll is -20, and -10 for warpbane hulls with inactive field (-30 with active field). Note that keeping the gellar field active is a drain on power, and all rolls for ship actions are at -10. Unless the ship diverts power from a weapon system (unpowered), shields(unpowered), or drives(1/2 speed). Normally in warp a ship does not have to worry about powering it's shields, or weapons.

Success indicates that the target has arrived relatively safely, with degrees of success or failure used to judge how far off target the teleported character lands. Sending a character to a teleport beacon, or retrieving a group with one, gives +20 on this check. If a 90-95 is rolled. Roll on the pysker phenomena table twice. The 1st roll is for the target area, and the 2nd for the teleportarium room. If a 96-100 is rolled for the skill check the teleport fails and roll once on phenomena table for the teleportarium room. Even at the best of times, a teleportation is dangerous. If the skill check was successful, the subject takes 1d5 damage, -1 for every degree of success. A failed teleport causes 2d5 damage, +1 for every degree of failure. This damage ignores armour, but not toughness. In ship scale combat this damage is not tracked. Note that a failed skill check doesn't mean the teleport fails unless a 96-100 is rolled.

These devices may only be used 3 times in a ship turn. This includes retrieving a hit and run force. Of course hit and run attacks by other means may still be done. Putting large explosive devices on the pad is dangerous as they may detonate on the pad with a failed skill roll......

Murder Servitors

Murder Servitors may be only used for one hit and run a turn. If a command roll is failed by more than 30 this component is damaged.

Dalnor Surloc said:

Success indicates that the target has arrived relatively safely, with degrees of success or failure used to judge how far off target the teleported character lands. Sending a character to a teleport beacon, or retrieving a group with one, gives +20 on this check. If a 90-95 is rolled. Roll on the pysker phenomena table twice. The 1st roll is for the target area, and the 2nd for the teleportarium room. If a 96-100 is rolled for the skill check the teleport fails and roll once on phenomena table for the teleportarium room. Even at the best of times, a teleportation is dangerous. If the skill check was successful, the subject takes 1d5 damage, -1 for every degree of success. A failed teleport causes 2d5 damage, +1 for every degree of failure. This damage ignores armour, but not toughness. In ship scale combat this damage is not tracked. Note that a failed skill check doesn't mean the teleport fails unless a 96-100 is rolled.

In any case, I think this is pretty sensible, regardless of other aspects of the discussion. Perhaps the second digit of the roll could be used as a measure for the degree of accuracy in the a teleport. Combine it too with 'magnitude' based on units of success? 3S: Spot on. 2S: Feet. 1S Metres. 0: 10s of feet. 1F: 10s of metres etc. Something like that. Slightly preserve the randomness of the scatter, but relate the loose accuracy to the degrees of success, if you see my meaning?

Salamander at least, illustrates that even with Astartes and a well-off, techy Legion-Chapter's resources that Teleporting is still very difficult. Success, IMO, should be entirely 'scatter free'. Then again, I could be way off here...simply making precision teleporting like a Called Shot could be sufficient.