One problem...

By Ogrekin, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

So, I have run "A Day Late a Shilling short" about 8 times now and have read the main rulebook about 3 times. It has not been abused at all, but the pages are now falling out of the binding! What can I do about this? Is anyone else having this issue?

Weird, I've been wearing mine out and it looks good as new. There's a crease on the left hand edge of the cover. I bent that back and limbered up the crease right away so it wouldn't pull it away from the binding when I opened the book.

Someone mentioned they had theirs 'spiral bound' at a copy shop. Might want to look into that since it's already loose.

So Emirikol showed You the anwser, the best way to keep the books together and safe.

Not sure about the 3-rd ed books (still waiting for them llorando.gif )

But I can tell You what I usually do to all my soft cover books, before I even open them.

You will need some mini drill (1-2 mm in diameter), needle and thread.

I take the book, and make 6 holes (on the line where book bents): 2 at the top of the book, 2 in the middle, 2 at the bottom.

Each pair of holes is about 150 mm between them.

Then I take the needle and thread, and saw those holes up.

Result: no more falling pages.

Sunatet said:

But I can tell You what I usually do to all my soft cover books, before I even open them.

I take the book, and make 6 holes (on the line where book bents): 2 at the top of the book, 2 in the middle, 2 at the bottom.

Could you please add images to your explenation ?

protect_a_book.JPG

Sunatet said:

Nice idea, those will for sure hold.