Why Lizardman why?!?

By Tader Salad, in UFS General Discussion

Ok so there isnt a Lizardman in the set, just a promo one. There is however plenty of Lizardman support that matches two symbols with the promo. The only problem is only ONE of them is a low attack. With a relatively small amount of low attacks in NEWFS in general, wasn't Lizardman supposed to bring the low beats to the table? I mean for gods sake his one low attack has a combo enhance of (low attack, low attack). And it's freaking insane. At a bare minimum your opponant discards 3 cards at random just for using enhance.

Tader Salad said:

Ok so there isnt a Lizardman in the set, just a promo one. There is however plenty of Lizardman support that matches two symbols with the promo. The only problem is only ONE of them is a low attack. With a relatively small amount of low attacks in NEWFS in general, wasn't Lizardman supposed to bring the low beats to the table? I mean for gods sake his one low attack has a combo enhance of (low attack, low attack). And it's freaking insane. At a bare minimum your opponant discards 3 cards at random just for using enhance.

Razor's Bite
Wipe The Floor (ridiculous in him)
Alphard Maliki
King's Reverse DDT
Spinning Demon

Combined with Keep them Down, a low throw like Alphard Maliki or King's Reverse DDT is just mean. Add to that the fact that also off of Void you can run Enemies now Friends and suddenly it makes sense. Enemies now Friends to reduce the damage you're going to take from the opponent's attack, take it, commit 1 for the R, play any low attack at +4 damage.

When I built that deck I assumed there would be no Lizardman support in there (as per the usual "prerelease characters" don't either), so Rolling Revenge wasn't even considered.

Off of Water, you now have:

Flash Needle (multiple:2)
Bloody Funeral (which also has a discard ability lol, this is quite possibly the most random thing in the set)
Waterfall
Side Flop
Yi Shan's Dragon Tail Leg Sweep
Peaceful Path Hold... randomly

Sure, you can't use Rolling Revenge in Water but you can use speed pumps to ensure they don't block and have to discard. Or pump speed, Acrobatic (which will help when you're going to not block) and you have a new kill. Or combo the Waterfall (Weapon, Weapon), Acrobatic, speed pump, combo E.

Off of Evil... you'd better wait for the next sets. Or randomly build him with:

Leg Slash
Ancient Ensnaring Sleeve Technique

...you could randomly tack on Dark Geo Da Ray, Midnight Launcher and Knight Breaker for no particular reason but the character loses a lot of flavor in the process and just becomes generic.

Block 4 Low Attacks usable in Lizardman's combo:

Void:

King's Reverse DDT

Spinning Demon

Wipe the Floor (BTW allows for 2 more cards to be dicarded)

Alphard Maliki

Razor's Bite

Evil:

Leg Slash

Void is the obvious chioce. Other than King's Reverse DDT and Raging Gnomes (for obvious reasons is not on the list), the attacks are pretty solid for his deck. Especially Wipe the Floor and Spinning Demon.

The Attack base could look like this:

4 Rolling Revenge (4/3 3L5 Combo)

4 Spinning Demon (4/3 3L4 Kick Multiple 1)

4 Wipe the Floor (5/3 3L4 Kick)

4 Alphard Maliki (4/2 2L6 Throw)

4 Razor's Bite (3/3 4L2 Weapon)

20 Low Void Attacks.

guitalex2008 said:

Tader Salad said:

I have a deck build from the second they announced him. His attack lineup is:

Razor's Bite
Alphard Maliki
King's Reverse DDT

Spinning Demon

Combined with Keep them Down, a low throw like Alphard Maliki or King's Reverse DDT is just mean. Add to that the fact that also off of Void you can run Enemies now Friends and suddenly it makes sense. Enemies now Friends to reduce the damage you're going to take from the opponent's attack, take it, commit 1 for the R, play any low attack at +4 damage.

When I built that deck I assumed there would be no Lizardman support in there (as per the usual "prerelease characters" don't either), so Rolling Revenge wasn't even considered.

Bloody Funeral (which also has a discard ability lol, this is quite possibly the most random thing in the set)
Waterfall
Side Flop

Sure, you can't use Rolling Revenge in Water but you can use speed pumps to ensure they don't block and have to discard. Or pump speed, Acrobatic (which will help when you're going to not block) and you have a new kill. Or combo the Waterfall (Weapon, Weapon), Acrobatic, speed pump, combo E.

Leg Slash

...you could randomly tack on Dark Geo Da Ray, Midnight Launcher and Knight Breaker for no particular reason but the character loses a lot of flavor in the process and just becomes generic.

Why have EIGHT 2 checks in a deck?

CultKiller said:

guitalex2008 said:

Tader Salad said:

I have a deck build from the second they announced him. His attack lineup is:

Razor's Bite
Alphard Maliki
King's Reverse DDT

Spinning Demon

Waterfall
Side Flop

Leg Slash

Why have EIGHT 2 checks in a deck?

Various things here.

#1, why not?

#2, who said I was running a set of each?

#3, Dread Pirate is a wonderful card. So is Chasing After the Power.

guitalex2008 said:

Beyond Humanity as well.

Homme Chapeau said:

guitalex2008 said:

Beyond Humanity as well.

It's spooky. Almost as if it made perfect sense,..

Why doesn't Lizardman have a ton of Low attacks in his support? BECAUSE there are so few low blocks in newfs.

Waterfall and Bloody Funeral as a Reversal are gross enough that not having access to Rolling Revenge is just game balance, lol

The waffle speaks the truth. And it's not like Void 's lineup is shabby, ya know. We can talk tech if you like, I think I have a few ideas you might like.

guitalex2008 said:

And what do you know? They share Void with Lizardman, Alphard Maliki AND King's Reverse DDT too.

It's spooky. Almost as if it made perfect sense,..

I still wouldn't play King's Reverse DDT.