Its been a while

By Nemesis15, in UFS Deck Building

It has been quite a while since I posted a deck on here so I figured I would have a stab at one of the new 'Quest for Souls' characters. Unfortunately though none of them really caught my eye. Having had a good look at the set I saw one particular character which looked interesting as a possible aggro character..

Amy

Assets/Actions

3x Path of the Master
2x Albion
2x Gianzende Nova and Frischer Himmel
2x Amaryllis Spin

Attacks

3x Leaping Snap Kick
3x Dragon Lifter
3x Flash Needle
3x Triple Botta in Tempo
3x Soaring Dance

Foundations

4x Torn Hero
4x Hunt for Jin
4x Cursed Blood
3x Enemies now Friends
3x Memories of a Nightmare
3x The Man Behind the Mask
3x Hope for One's People
3x Not Human
3x Strange Fashion
3x Together Again
2x Nursing a Grudge

Side deck

1x Lu Chen
3x Unstoppable Convivtion
4x Shadowar

After having read most of her support I felt she was the one character which suits my play style, aggresively controlling, using some of the older cards which were seen in nearly all Good decks and now Amy's support I made the deck you see before you. Although we haven't had our pre release yet I am really looking to see how the deck turns out..

I would be grateful if anyone would care to comment on the deck and suggest any possible fixes..

Cheers

So no comments then..

I think Chi Disruptor is better than Leaping Snap Kick, unless you need it only for that high block. I love how Chi Disruptor can block, and then be used as a reversal. And I haven't tried it yet, but I can't not believe it's great with Cute Prankster.

Also, I don't really like Desperation-cards with a character with 18 life. I played Hilde for a while, and I almost never got to use them. :/ They're good because of the 0-cost though. :)

The main reason I chose Leaping Snap Kick over Chi Disruptor is because were LSK is a kick /reversal and Chi disruptor is just a reversal. I am not saying that Chi Disruptor bad by any means its that LSK can combo into Dragon Lifter..

Main problem will be her dieing way too quickly, you are addressing this with some stuff like Strange Fashion...

I think though she needs Fairthful Bodygaurd and character cards. I think the ability to breaker 2 any attack will work well with (unadjusted) +0 mid blocks so it makes sense.

My biggest problem with Amy is that she doesn't have a 'big' kill switch like the other viable 7hs do, see Zi Mei, Hilde, Cassy, etc. ASIDE from Waterfall or anything that turns speed into damage.

I don't see the point of Hunt for Jin in this deck, good has enough 1 diffs already and the ability has little to do with survival with is what the vast majority of your foundations need to be to maintain the 18 vitality. Mainboard the Shadowar if you ask me, you can't imagine how useful it will be especially if you stick with the reversal deck theme, block take half a reduced damage and then pass a nice reversal with the +2 control check...

I think you absolutely need a way to reduce speed, the point of Amy is to block to get turn ending stuff out of the breaker ability. The sister card that gives -4 would see quite necessary in any build of Amy that uses Good or Order, and the Christie foundation that reduces speed for keywords in card pool might be the one to use if you are mono-Water. It is a shame she can't access P2P, because it would be a star in an Amy deck...

I think Amy's most agressive build is probably Water... But I think the most viable/consistent is the other symbols (Good/Order), probably splashing into the Ultimate Team off Order if you are mostly Good, probably splashing into Torn Hero/Strange Fashion(sideboard?) off Good if you are more Order.

I think the way things are going multiple hate is going to be essential, so MotB if Good, Acrobatics if Water, not sure if solo-Order is viable with Amy simply because of this (the lack of an obvious multiple hate card).

- dut

Haha, shouldn't you run more of Albion then? For awesome reversal-dragon lifter after blocking with a kick? :P

Sadly Albion is only of the printed speed is higher than the printed damage..