Marius Gaius [ALL] Using and Abusing the New Stuff

By Tinman, in UFS Deck Building

With the advent of the new set, I thought I would try out a symbol that I have strayed away from since Block 4 started: All. At first, Rugi was my obvious go to, but I was drawn to a second contender, who seemed to really want to work Rugi's support. Enter into the ring: Marius Gaius, action card expert.

1x Marius Gaius

Actions

• 4x Mist Stance
  • 3x Warrior's Path
  • 3x Graceful Style

Assets

• 2x Reaver's Axe
  • 2x Paul's Gi

Attacks

• 4x Pommel Smash
  • 4x Tyr's Warding Smash
  • 4x Flame Brand
  • 4x Full Moon Disembowel

Foundations

• 4x Battle Tested
  • 4x Contemplating
  • 4x Needs A Challenge
  • 4x The Strength Within
  • 4x Financial Troubles
  • 4x For the Money
  • 4x Defeated the Rifle
  • 4x Looking for a Thrill
  • 2x Relentless

Obvious weapon tech and synergy. Draw power off multiple things. Relentless, FT, Battle Tested, Contemplating, Paul's Gi, Mist Stance. The key to this deck is the continuous pressure that it can apply after just a few turns of building. Mist Stance, Reaver's Axe, The Strength Within, and Looking for a Thrill can pump speed and damage, so I can flavor to suit. Paul's Gi is really for the draw, but Stun:2 is never bad. The actions are obvious, as they work Marius, and give very nice bumps when mixed. Needs a Challenge, an obvious include in a deck based around one zone of attack, will be key to really pushing the kill, as well as playing defense. Look at their hand, count the blocks, change it to the zone they have less of or worse of. On Defense, get a feel for what is coming by looking at their lineup, so you can keep off the chopping block.

Basic Lineup of Attacks:

Mist Stance -> Tyr's Warding Smash -> Pommel Smash = Control and damage. 5H7 into 5H6 if the first is not blocked. On a 2,5,5

Mist Stance -> Mist Stance -> Full Moon Disembowel = 9H12 with its own E's to change zone and add damage. On a 2,3,7

Mist Stance(Pattern, much) -> Pommel Smash -> Actions till tired of blue = 2+(3+X) H 1+(3+X), where X is the number of extra actions. This does not count the actual action effects. On 2,4,4,5...

The best thing, by far of any of this is the defense that he can mount while being offensive. Every Action in the deck has a +2M block, meaning they are pretty useful, and he pulls one back with every attack that deals damage. Not to mention Warrior's Path has a nice static for those discard decks.

I would have tried to work together a Rugi Combo -> Ninja Tactics deck, but I figure the time it will take to get all 12 of those URs would be unkind. As it is, asking for 8 UR attacks is a bit much. Heres hoping there is a good representation of each of these attacks.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Questions? I really enjoy looking into new combos, or getting feedback if I happen to overlook something, so feel free to post.

-Tinman