Order Hilde with new SC support!

By guitalex2008, in UFS Deck Building

**** me and my deck ADD, even before the prerelease I'm already cooking up ideas!

Characters (1):
1 6/6 Hilde. +0M

Assets (7):
4 2/5 Glanzende Nova and Frischer Himmel +2M - Weapon - Unique
4 2/4 Ostereinsburg Castle Throne Room +2L - Terrain

Actions (7):
4 3/5 Amaryllis Spin +2M
3 3/5 Amy's Sidestep +2M

Attacks (12):
4 SECRET WEAPON #1
4 4/3 3M4 Neutron Bomb +2M - Kick - Combo (Stun)
4 5/3 4M4 Lightning Horn +2M - Combo (Mid Attack, Mid Attack)

Foundations (34):
4 0/5 Hope for One's People +3H
4 1/4 Cursed Blood +3L
4 2/4 Sacrifices for the Cause +3M
4 2/5 Sisters of Battle +3M
4 2/5 Financial Troubles
4 2/5 Master of Ninjutsu
4 SECRET WEAPON #2
4 SECRET WEAPON #3

Total: 60 cards

Sideboard:
1 6/6 .Amy. +0M
3 4/5 Risky Fighting Style
4 3/2 3M3 Golden Shrine +1L

-o-o-o-o-o-

So what's the disgusting things in this deck? Well, primarily, that now Hilde has a hard time DYING again. Card for card breakdown time?

- Glanzende Nova and Frisher Himmel = obviously nice, gives reduction for Hilde's E and speed/card draw otherwise. The block is also needed.
- Ostereinsburg Castle Throne Room = While ready, all block modifiers get +2. Has a commit E to reduce the damage of "this attack'' by 2. The opponent will have a hard time blocking, has some more reduction and helps the secret weapons...
- Amaryllis Spin = nice block, form to increase the next attack's speed by 3 and while on the card pool, all block modifiers get +2. Helps secret weapons
- Amy's Sidestep = Hilde doesn't like dying, and would like to block (or not die). With Amaryllis Spin and Throne Room, she needs the help.
- Neutron Bomb = card draw and helps the combo on Lightning Horn along with secret weapon #1, which if you're awesome and observant at this point you've deduced it's a mid attack with possibly Stun...
- Lightning Horn = sort of obvious in Hilde, it's more reliable than dealing with Dual Wieldings.
- Hope for One's People = OMG spam. Also a +3H block that helps the secret weapons.
- Cursed Blood = I hear people like to build, and I wanted the spam and ability to outbuild and weird control. Also has +3L to help with secret weapons.
- Sacrifices for the Cause = I hear there's a card called Paid to Protect that seems to be a bit problematic. Proceed with shut down. Also +3M for secret weapons...
- Sisters of Battle = speed reduction (-4 for a commit if the attack shares 2 or more resources with them) because **** I'm increasing my **** modifiers and may want to be able to block after all that junk. Block for secret weapons.
- Financial Troubles = draw/discard can't be bad Sadly, no block, but this is the sort of card you just drop regardless.
- Master of Ninjitsu (NEW!) = Reduces damage of your attack by 3 and if it deals damage (just from this + Hilde's E's it would get a total of +7 speed) they lose 3 more vitality. Less than 4 only because of the lack of a block.
- Amy (sideboarded) = her gameplay changes quite a bit from Hilde, but can use and abuse everything in here just as well.
- Risky Fighting Style (sideboarded) = speed the crap up, ditch 2 for a pseudo +4 damage. More useful in Amy since she speeds everything up and not just one shots.
- Golden Shrine (sideboarded) = helps the Lightning Horn combo requirements and sped up enough (Amy, Hilde, Together Again, Amaryllis Spin, Himmel) it will make sure they also ditch 2. It's a surprise element if during game 1 you notice no anti-discard.

OK, now the moment your confusion is cleared... I reveal to you... my secret weapons!

SECRET WEAPON #1 - Hammer of the Gods

Why this needed to be a secret isn't immediately obvious. I mean, it has stun to disrupt, a nice block, nice stats and overall balanced card. It's the E that is important! Ditch a card, pump damage by the BLOCK MODIFIER (get used to this). Start the turn with Amaryllis Spin (F the next attack this turn gets +3 speed) and your block mods INCREASE by 2. Have the asset out, and they increase again by 2. Which means that if you ditch a +3M block, you can get a +7 damage for Hammer! Sweet...

SECRET WEAPON #2 - Not Human

Not exactly an old card, so look it up. Remember the E on the action side of More Machine than Woman? Verbatim on a foundation (E Commit: This attack gets -X damage. X equals the total of all block modifiers in your card pool.). Same scenario as above; play Amaryllis Spin then Hammer of the Gods. Assume Throne is out. Ditch a +3M for +7 damage. Now what? Why, commit Not Human for minus... um, let's see Hammer has a +2 so with Amaryllis it's a +4 and with Throne is a +6, same with Amaryllis Spin itself... -12 damage minimum 1. Commit Hilde for game? Not quite yet. But it's also important to know that if for any reason you decide it, you may play Amy's Sidestep (which only reduces the opponent's attack) just to get a +2M into the card pool...

SECRET WEAPON #3 - The Ultimate Team

Same reasoning as with Hammer, but it will also help her not die! As long as the asset is ready, every +3M you ditch for reduction is a +5M. If you somehow block with Amaryllis Spin, every block you ditch also gets +2. But consider the same scenario as above (which so far requires an action, a Hammer, a Not Human and a Throne Room out). After it's reduced to 1 by Not Human (reduction so far has been 10 assuming only what we've talked here), commit a foundation, ditch a +3 block for -7 damage, no minimum! The reduction so far has been 17, and the damage is at -6. Which means that after using Hilde's second E (-1/-1) and then her first E (+36/+36), taking into account the Amyrillis F (+3/+0) the Hammer is now a 41M29. Or course this is theoretical and will only ever work if Sacrifices gets rid of problem cards like Paid to Protect. Oh, forgot the additional -2 from the asset, but let's ignore that.

Comments? Order is back in some sort of freaky alternate universe way?

edit: Removed 1 Glanzende Nova, 1 Amy's Sidestep and 1 Sisters of Battle for Master of Ninjitsu.

edit2: Removed 4 Together Again and added 1 Sisters of Battle, 1 Master of Ninjitsu and 1 Glanzende Nova and Frischer Himmel, to make it 60 cards total.

Alex, quit breaking the ******* game. Ok? We get it. You're intelligent, and you build bad-ass decks. You're supposed to use the block mod upping for Amy, not Hilde.

...kay

...*seriously this is ingenius. Nothing less than what I've come to expect from Guita*

MarcoPulleaux said:

Alex, quit breaking the ******* game. Ok? We get it. You're intelligent, and you build bad-ass decks. You're supposed to use the block mod upping for Amy, not Hilde.

...kay

...*seriously this is ingenius. Nothing less than what I've come to expect from Guita*

I can't take all the credit for it. As per usual, conversations with Mulciber113 tend to end with one of us using the other's idea to break something.

(No, really. It does. I remember he wanted to make a Good deck with Void Nova in promo Hsien-Ko and I provided him with a set of Once a Student, Now a Soldier... once I was looking for something to do with my Fight for the Future and he was the first one to suggest Dark Heart, even before the forum people did...)

In my case, he told me today after preordering his stuff that Amy would make The Ultimate Team disgusting and combined with Not Human, she will probably not die. I asked why and he pointed me toward the Amaryllis Spin and the Throne Room.

I simply thought Hilde and remembered Hammer of the Gods. lol

I quoted instead of editing. Sort of fail.

Might as well use this space to say, sure you can up mods on Amy... I can't imagine though... imagine this same deck with Amy fronting it... Hammer of the Gods +7 damage, then +6 speed, then +1 speed for each Together Again you care to trigger...

AND she can use the Lightning Horn combo since it's not character specific, tack on Ultimate Team, reduce with Not Human, Combo E, Amy pump!

GROSS, I think I found a sideboard for this deck lol

Who would have thought Order would have become the stall symbol? XD

Amy vs Hilde-

Amy pumps speed
Provides Breaker
Has a character-exclusive combo

Hilde has somewhat a reliable draw engine
KOS instantly

But as you've already mentioned, Amy can utilize the same kill if necessary, so really, running Hilde might just be overkill.

But seriously, Throne Room + Ultimate Team + Not Human = Best combo I've seen in a while. Just thinking about all those non-minimum 1 reductions is just nasty.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Who would have thought Order would have become the stall symbol? XD

Amy vs Hilde-

Amy pumps speed
Provides Breaker
Has a character-exclusive combo

Hilde has somewhat a reliable draw engine
KOS instantly

But as you've already mentioned, Amy can utilize the same kill if necessary, so really, running Hilde might just be overkill.

But seriously, Throne Room + Ultimate Team + Not Human = Best combo I've seen in a while. Just thinking about all those non-minimum 1 reductions is just nasty.

Don't forget Amaryllis Spin, which helps during either turn. As the form, in Amy, will make that first attack near unblockable. increase the capability and productivity of The Ultimate Team (or Not Human against a Reversal) and increase the speed potential of every other attack in the turn due to Amy's speed pump boosts. As a block, it helps boost the damage reducton capabilities of both The Ultimate Team and Not Human.

The advantage Hilde has is that she can abuse reduction that would normally help save her ass in order to make any attack basically unblockable for almost lethal to lethal damage. You know, her usual. In addition she can draw more than Amy so she is more likely to find Lightning Horn (if necessary).

Dual Wielding is sort of moot here, although in an Amy build I'd consider it to zero out the speed before pumping it back up as a means to increase damage. Too techy, even for me. I'm lying, I might try it at some point.

I just realized how a deck with different attacks can abuse the hell out of The Ultimate Team + Triple Botta In Tempo... perhaps the attack lineup needs to be looked at again...

4 Nimbus
4 Flash Needle
4 Triple Botta In Tempo

You of course lose the loveliness of Hammer of the Gods, but well, in exchange you get to end turns. Sort of a good tradeoff IMHO.

In Hilde, block with Weapon, Triple Botta, reduce damage with Ultimate Team by 5, -1/-1 with Hilde, +12/+12, combo E, it deals 9 damage, turn over. Maybe it's worth including For Justice for such a build.

In Amy, block with Weapon, Triple Botta, increase damage with Ultimate Team by 5, speed up by 4, combo E, it deals 8 damage, turn over. She would need the For Justices for sure.

And who wouldn't love Flash Needle, or even using Albion to play it as a Reversal after playing Amaryllis Spin? Check a 4 for +4 speed, commit 1 and drop a card for +5 or so damage for each, unless the asset is out and this operation becomes +6/+7 making each Flash Needle copy and multiple a 10L10?

No Master of Ninjitsu? I was totally expecting to see it in [Order] Hilde. I know it's going in mine. -3 damage + burn 3 vitality if it deals damage is sweat with Hilde.

VaporGecko said:

No Master of Ninjitsu? I was totally expecting to see it in [Order] Hilde. I know it's going in mine. -3 damage + burn 3 vitality if it deals damage is sweat with Hilde.

Makes sense. I'll see if I can find a place.

edit: Randomly removed 3 of the extraneous cards (the Unique Himmel, a Sisters of Battle which may not always work to begin with and an Amy's Sidestep) to put 3 copies of it in.

Of course until prerelease and beyond, this is only theoretical so far...

Off of order you may want to seriously consider Relentless and Valk Shield. Relentless issick card draw and Valk Shiled keeps u alive/damage reduc to pump.

If fronting Amy Valk Shield also ends turns that much better in unison with her Breaker Ability/Triple Bota.

AMy and Hilde are dumb...

NintendoMan said:

Off of order you may want to seriously consider Relentless and Valk Shield. Relentless issick card draw and Valk Shiled keeps u alive/damage reduc to pump.

If fronting Amy Valk Shield also ends turns that much better in unison with her Breaker Ability/Triple Bota.

AMy and Hilde are dumb...

Same problem faces Valkyrja Shield. If I add it and Relentless, you will only get -4 or -5 from it. This is not worth it considering with the terrain out, a single The Ultimate Team nealy doubles it, and you can ditch any card with a block. Sure, you can commit it for a Breaker:2... but that's not as important as the damage reduction aspect, since that can also be used offensively in Hilde.

In fact, neither of those cards are worth it outside of an Astrid. Keep in mind... Hilde and Amy are not Astrid and neither will they EVER be. Their play style is completely different. Take for example, Mulciber's Astrid deck. Last I checked, it had 56 weapons in it. Out of a 61 card deck. THAT deck can use and abuse Relentless to no end and actually make use of Valkyrja Shield. Hilde and Amy? Not really.

Hammer of the Gods shenanigans aren't reason enough to cut Dual Wielding and its accompaniment 8dmg+ attacks. And Soul Cal just gave us two more; Step Stone Divide [5/2 3M 8 +2L] and Nimbus [7/3 3 H9 +1H]. Nimbus lets you roll 100% 3ccs in the deck, but I think it only earns a sideboard slot; 7 difficulty is prohibitive, and a bad roll will probably mean game over (unless your opponent is already low and you only need a little +speed). On the other hand, Step Stone Divide is the best shot you'll ever get at a T1 (it + Dual Wield + Hilde's action going second takes something like 5-5-4 checks, and deals 21 damage if my memory and math are correct).

That said, I think Siren's Call is still the strongest choice overall. It takes care of 1 Paid to Protect, straight up. Plus, it's pretty tough to block even without Hilde doing her magic on it.

I think this deck's greatest weakness at the moment is Torn Hero; it + Paid to Protect makes for some really tough boards. Makes me want to splash momentum hate :b. That said, Torn Hero is also one very strong option we have available there are plenty of cards in this deck that have both Order and Good, and probably the biggest weakness of this deck will be heavy Stun decks that can keep Ultimate Team offline.

btw, good job on noticing Ultimate Team + Amy's +block mod stuff, grosssssssss. You could probably use Dragon's Flame to take advantage of that as well, simply using the +blocks as speed pumps that don't get owned by Paid to Protect.

Wafflecopter said:

Hammer of the Gods shenanigans aren't reason enough to cut Dual Wielding and its accompaniment 8dmg+ attacks.

It doesn't have a block. I also despise depending on drawing an action for a kill, especially when it's not needed. Turn 1 possibilities didn't get me to top 8 at SAS; they are not reason enough to dare run a 2 check and depend on an action. Back then I had Lynx Tail + Dual Wielding + Cobra Blow. Cool on paper (deals 38 damage), but first round, who do I find? Hugo. And What does he do? Fight or Flight. It's more inportant to be consistent and able to kill with ANY attack. Hammer is the obvious choice because it pumps itself also according to block mods, but it doesn't have to be Hammer.

Step Stone Divide doesn't have Order... and I'm not dual-symboling the deck.

Siren's Call seems decent but I prefer Sacrifices for the Cause, considering that Hilde's hand size and card draw, Himmel and Financial Troubles are enough to provide the needed cards to commit a single (or multiple) Paid to Protects.

Changed the deck a bit.

Hooray.

This deck works like a charm. More often than not, cries of utter annoyance come from the other side of the table as I follow my turn 1 The Ultimate Team/Not Human with a Throne Room and another foundation. Playing Amyrillis Spin as a form causes people to want to scoop prior to the horror.

A Kilik deck was giving me trouble, so I decided to use my 7 HS to my advantage. I ditched 6 cards with Sacrifices to commit him and played the one attack for the kill.

Also, for future reference, fought a deck that had Torn Hero. Didn't help him one bit; I just didn't use the Stun and hit with a 25+ speed attack. Even if Paid to Protect AND Torn Hero are out, remember that Torn Hero requires momentum for the substitute, which with all the damage reduction here, I can readily deny unless it comes from an action or foundation effect, in which case unless they do it on their turn, Sacrifices will also take care of the foundation kind.

Sacrifices for the Cause is amazing.