Xianghua

By babelfish666, in UFS Rules Q & A

Xianghua reads:

F: Add 1 attack of printed difficulty 4 or less from your discard pile to your card pool. Only playable once per turn.

Does this allow her to actually play that attack? since it doesnt actually say play, she just seems to be putting it there without it doing anything. Is this ability to not infact play it, but to put an attack into her card pool which has a continuous ability while it is there?

I'd agree with the reasoning, the attack isn't played. Another way to use that are for the combo attacks that she has, put an attack there with her form then combo off the next attack. There's an combo attack card that if it deals damage you can pick up all the cards in your card pool and then do it again.

She just puts it there, not played.

Consider the following things:
- Playful Slice
- Rhythm Halt
- Combo requirement fulfilling for things like Waterfall

Imagine this as an example to boost your creative juices:

You play Rhythm Halt. Afterwards you F with Xianghua to place Playful Slice in your card pool. Then you play Waterfall, which thanks to Rhythm Halt it's now a 6L4 to start (good for the Combo E since you won't need Playful or Acrobatic out) and you'll only need to top a 6 for it thanks to Playful Slice.

*Stamp*

The mechanic was specifically designed to beable to help make combo "go faster"

So you add the card to your card pool, and unless it has a static ability printed in the text, it does nothing but sit there and add +1 difficulty.

Question.. can you make a controlcheck so that you will be able to actually play the attack from xianghuas ability?

no because you are NOT playing the card, it was moved directly from your discard pile to card pool, no way to physically play it, now if you could somehow "bounce" it from your card pool to your hand, yes you can THEN try to play it but no if used as her form, you just PUT it there, no playing.

N.J.

NJBrock22 said:

no because you are NOT playing the card, it was moved directly from your discard pile to card pool, no way to physically play it, now if you could somehow "bounce" it from your card pool to your hand , yes you can THEN try to play it but no if used as her form, you just PUT it there, no playing.

N.J.

Twisted Lotus Flow?

Regardless, the ruling has already been stamped so let's not post too much in it. The process of playing a card involves revealing it from the hand first (unless otherwise indicated by the card ability, like Material Advantage etc.). You didn't reveal it from hand, Xianghua doesn't say play anywhere, it can't be played.

So i dont have to start a new thread, Xianghua's R says R (+X). Now this is a fairly obviously meant to be R (X+), just wanted to point it out to check.

sucks when your slinging an 8 damage attack and have to check an 8 to put down a 2 diff foundation

It does always suck when I do 8 damage to my opponent.

Tee hee.

I really like that she forces the opponent to make a tough decision. Take the damage fully and no build or halve the damage with a block and the building contintues!