A couple more Skavenblight Questions...sigh. LOL

By Wytefang, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Enjoyed the other thread with the answers ( I <3 Dormouse)...but I have a couple of new ones:

Question 1 :

" #12 Unique: Malus Darkblade (Dark Elf Unit) 5-DDD - 3/3 Hero.

Limit one Hero per zone. At the end of your battlefield phase, deal 1 damage to each of your opponent's units that could have defended but did not. "

So does Malus have to be part of the group that attacked in order for this power to work or does this work in ANY combat situation for his player, even ones he did not participate in??

-------------------------------------

Question 2 :

"#15 Unique: Greyseer Thanquol (Neutral Unit) 3 - 1/1 Hero. Skaven.

Limit one Hero per zone. Destruction only. This unit may attack from any zone. While attacking, this unit gains 1 Power for each Skaven unit you control."

I've underlined the part I'm curious about. So can Greyseer Thanquol attack in a different phase than the BF phase? And then how does this work - does he attack alongside your units in the Battlefield but just from a different zone? Or does he have to attack alone?? Seems a bit confusing to me.

Also, if he attacks, can he take damage if he's not attacking from the BF Zone?

On (1) it reads as a constant effect, so I think Malus can hide wherever he wants and still generate the effect. Very nasty.

On Thanquol, I think all the normal rules apply for attacking except that he doesn't have to be in the battlefield. One attack per turn, against a single zone. Damage is assigned by defenders to attackers, not to units in the battlefield, so no issue there either.

Buhallin has it right. Malus is a constant effect like the Bloodthirster.

Rat hero is not limited by what zone he is in, he may attack irregardless of what zone he is in (he could even attack while Questing!), but the attack still happens during the Battlefield Phase.

Hm? What? I thought someone said my name but there is obviously no need for me here. gran_risa.gif

So I could declare an attack with 2 units in the Battlefield and add in Thanquol who's hiding (ahem, schemeing) in the Kingdom zone?

keltheos said:

So I could declare an attack with 2 units in the Battlefield and add in Thanquol who's hiding (ahem, schemeing) in the Kingdom zone?

Skaven always lead from the rear gran_risa.gif . Farther in the back, the better.

But yeah, that sounds about right.

Yeah, I thought that sounded right, but maybe a clearer mechanic would have been he can only be assigned damage when attacking (from the BF as normal) once all other attackers have max damage assigned...heh, doesn't sound as clear, but definitely follows the 'attack from BF rule'.

oooh, im liking these new cards. That Malus is expensive but awesome! Thanquol seems allright, specially with a hordey skaven army. Just need to see the rest of the cards in the booster.