Brash young fools overpowered?

By skycowboy2, in WFRP Rules Questions

Hello,

yesterday we had our demo game and it was just amazing. We got into it really quick, and we had a lot of fun. But there were somethings we are not sure about. Our Troll-Slayer decided that we were brash young fools ( indeed we are ;-) ), so we picked this as the group option ( never disagree with a dwarf bearing 2 axes ).

We found out that if we fill our fortune pool until the number of characters is reached, the pool is divided among all players. We played with four players, wich was no problem regarding the cards, we just ran out of some tokens. So as soon as the pool reached four, every player gained one fortune point from the pool. Now the special ability for the brash young fools says that every time the fortune pool is empty, one point of fortune is restored immediately. We just started to spend fortune points, filled up the pool, every player got one and another point was refilled.

Please tell us if we made a mistake, because the group option feels pretty overpowered at this moment.

I apologize if my english is not as fluent, but i come frome Germany, were real people are named Karl Franz, Gustav or Konrad ;-)

Greetings from Nürnberg, near Altdorf (no joke, a small town nearby is called Altdorf, i have to smile every time i am driving on the highway near this town *g*)

SkyCowboy said:

Hello,

yesterday we had our demo game and it was just amazing. We got into it really quick, and we had a lot of fun. But there were somethings we are not sure about. Our Troll-Slayer decided that we were brash young fools ( indeed we are ;-) ), so we picked this as the group option ( never disagree with a dwarf bearing 2 axes ).

We found out that if we fill our fortune pool until the number of characters is reached, the pool is divided among all players. We played with four players, wich was no problem regarding the cards, we just ran out of some tokens. So as soon as the pool reached four, every player gained one fortune point from the pool. Now the special ability for the brash young fools says that every time the fortune pool is empty, one point of fortune is restored immediately. We just started to spend fortune points, filled up the pool, every player got one and another point was refilled.

Please tell us if we made a mistake, because the group option feels pretty overpowered at this moment.

I apologize if my english is not as fluent, but i come frome Germany, were real people are named Karl Franz, Gustav or Konrad ;-)

Greetings from Nürnberg, near Altdorf (no joke, a small town nearby is called Altdorf, i have to smile every time i am driving on the highway near this town *g*)

I don't really understand what you're saying. When the fortune pool is empty, you get one fortune to put in it. So you effectively get one fortune for free. But I don't really see how it is especially powerful. You still have to obey all the other rules for maximum of 3 fortune and refreshing only when the threshold is reached. Spent fortune points do not go back in the pool.

Ok, found the mistake. We had constantly more than 3 fortune points, because we thought that if you can receive fortune points as a reward sometimes, it would make no sense that 3 is the maximum. Next time we better rtfm ;-)

Greetings,

Sky

SkyCowboy said:

Ok, found the mistake. We had constantly more than 3 fortune points, because we thought that if you can receive fortune points as a reward sometimes, it would make no sense that 3 is the maximum. Next time we better rtfm ;-)

Greetings,

Sky

There is still no maximum, really, coz even if you only have three for each player, you could still have 99 in the party pool.

Seems that we definitely have to read the section concerning fortune points, think we made some bad mistakes there. Thank you for showing us the right direction :-)