Ragnar + Lives for Battle

By NoobFighterFTW, in UFS Rules Q & A

I know this is probably a simple and stupid question, but I needed to know just in case.

Does Ragnar's Desperation First Form react with Lives for Battle in order to gain vitality back after each attack resolves? The only reason I ask is because I think this is an amazing ability, but without a way to gain the life back, it's a suicide deck more than anything. 6 maybe 7 attacks could be played, in theory. After that, you're dead, and with the way the format is, I know hitting with those attacks, let alone being able to actually play them all in one turn is unlikely.

the life loss part of ragnars desperation F is not a cost therefore lives for battle's F will not give any life gain.

he still has the most vitality in the format and it still becomes a rediculous damage pump the longer your chain is.

desperation is below half your vitality so 14/2=7 but youd be dead so 6 attacks at most.

Uh, I think you could play the 7th attack. The attack does not resolve until the damage is dealt. So either it could go as a double ko (assuming the 6th attack hits) or you win because the attack deals damage before it is resolved.