Psychic Supremacy Talent from DotDG

By princeearwig, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

Has anyone had any ideas on covnerting this talent to the Rogue Trader system.

The main problem appears to be that its core purpose, the reduction of perils of the warp by using half or less of your Psy Rating, appears to have been subsumed into the core mechanic. This leaves the talent as a bit of a poor showing as just a -10 to detect or trace the power use.

I was going to run it as the -10 from normal but replace the perils reduction side with a simple +1 to fettered Psy Rating.

Thoughts?

princeearwig said:

Has anyone had any ideas on covnerting this talent to the Rogue Trader system.

The main problem appears to be that its core purpose, the reduction of perils of the warp by using half or less of your Psy Rating, appears to have been subsumed into the core mechanic. This leaves the talent as a bit of a poor showing as just a -10 to detect or trace the power use.

I was going to run it as the -10 from normal but replace the perils reduction side with a simple +1 to fettered Psy Rating.

Thoughts?

The approach I went for was that a character can use up to two-thirds their full Psy Rating when at fettered strength, instead of just half, but only with the chosen discipline - powerful, but so's the original version of the talent.