FFG Card Sleeves

By SydWargamer, in Wings of War (WWI)

I just received my order.

When I try to fit a card into the sleeve it is a very tight fit and the card becomes slightly bent.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Will the sleeve eventually stretch and the card become flat again?

I received Mini American, not Mini European.

They will be exchanged for the correct ones.

yeah, i had the same issue. i bought mini american and realised that Wings of War cards don't fit. mini european fit though.

It seems like a waste of money to have 2 slightly different sized cards for Americans and Europeans, i wonder why they made them like that?

One uses English measurements and the other metric. Thus, while they are very similar, they are not exactly the same.

Sad but true.

schoon said:

One uses English measurements and the other metric. Thus, while they are very similar, they are not exactly the same.

[Obsessive Collector Mode]

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO BUY *BOTH* AMERICAN *AND* EUROPEAN SETS TO HAVE EVERYTHING!? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

[/OCM]

:)

schoon said:

Sad but true.

Lol, I sense some flawed logic in that, any distance can be measured both in metric and inches. I prefer the metric myself since it is easier to divide something by 10 than by 12 but I really don't care if a card is exactly an even number of centimeters or not.

A good card size is large enough so you can have the text you need and it should be easy to hold, but it shouldn't be too large to store in a practical way. If it is counted in meters, inches or some old odd system or just a random size matters nothing to me and most other people.

I think the problem is that some people thinks a bit too much about things that doesn't matter. Dunno if it is Andrea of FFG but I would never not play a game because it uses a weird measurement.

It would possibly have some meaning if you used another way to move like in Warhammer where you actually measures the length you can move but most of us old tabletop players have a measure stick with inches on one side and centimeters on the other.

A length is an actual distance but the way we measures it is just some way or another to make things easy, a good distance for something is just a good size no matter how you measures it, saying that one way or another is better is stupid, it might make the mathematics simpler when you count several numbers together but that is just it, it will not make a good sized card worse or better for that.

Just my thoughts of course, but making different sized cards seems a lot more of a bother to me.