Which Thursday?

By NukeMaster, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Star Wars : Rebellion is scheduled to arrive at retailers next Thursday, and we invite you to celebrate the first shots in the Galactic Civil War by jumping in, playing with your friends, and reporting your results. From Thursday through Monday April 10th

I took this line in the Fully Operational article to mean today. Are they talking about the 31st? Haven't some of you indicated it is already shipping.

Edited by NukeMaster

They meant the 31st.

It's considered correct that when you say "next Thursday", it means the Thursday of the following week. Contrasted with "this Thursday"

Also, if you are not in norht America, they don't mean thursday at all but rather April 12:th.

Also, if you are not in norht America, they don't mean thursday at all but rather April 12:th.

If by "not in North America" you mean Europe, then sure.

It's already been at the Australian Distributor for ages.

Where exactly do you post results from games next week?

If by "not in North America" you mean Europe, then sure.

It's already been at the Australian Distributor for ages.

It's been at european distributors for a while as well from what I've heard. Still, they are not allowed to release it here untill April 12:th. But you are right, I should have been more specific as the 12:th April date is the european release date and I have no information as to when it comes out in other parts of the world.

Granted this is third hand information and pron to errors. I got it from my LFGS how in turn got it from his supplyer.

It's considered correct that when you say "next Thursday", it means the Thursday of the following week. Contrasted with "this Thursday"

"Next Thursday" and "This Thursday" are the same day, unless it happens to be Thursday.

"Next Thursday" and "This Thursday" are the same day, unless it happens to be Thursday.

In common usage, Koala is correct. While they can mean the same day, most of the time when some uses "next", they mean that day next week, whereas "this" would refer to a day in this (current) week.

As in:

Guy: Want to hang out this Friday?

Girl: I can't. I'm busy. How about next Friday?

Picking my copy up in a few hours. Can't wait to finally get my hands on this game.