Which Side Will You Play First Game?

By KoalaXav, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Curious to know which faction people want to try most. Me, I'm keen on playing the Imperials, even though I suspect a game between inexperienced players will favor the Rebellion.

I will play Imperials and let my little brother play the Rebels. I just hope he can grasp the strategy well enough to make it competitive. We just started playing X-wing and he's been building rebel squads so it works out perfectly.

I think once the board is set up and my son sees all the imperial navy forces out there, he's going to to pick them for sure. So... Rebel Alliance for me. I'll have to come up with some creative handicaps that won't make the game too long.

I think once the board is set up and my son sees all the imperial navy forces out there, he's going to to pick them for sure. So... Rebel Alliance for me. I'll have to come up with some creative handicaps that won't make the game too long.

But which side will you handicap? I'd be nervous about handicapping the first game without knowing how it will play out. Just use the first time rules which simplify the game slightly.

I've been wanting to play the Rebels since I heard about the game. I love playing as the gorilla force who's hopelessly outnumbered and who has a different definition of victory. Hit and fade, retreat to victory, attack only when you have the advantage, maintain military strength at all costs. I've studied for this moment for years.

Depends on my friend, he usually picks Imperial, but chose Rebels in Imperial Assault.

Handicaps seem actually really easy to put in the game. Just set the reputation marker on a higher number to make it harder on the rebels or lower to make it easier on the rebels.

but yeah I wouldn't handicap on your first game. Though it appears that rebels will be easier to play for new/inexperienced players. Could be wrong though.

Since I will have read the rulebook and teach the game, I will most likely play Rebels. As Imperials you can ask rules questions/clarifications more freely without giving away a major secret in the game while the game is in progress. Its not just the the questions people ask as much as when they ask/what they ask in response to.

But which side will you handicap? I'd be nervous about handicapping the first game without knowing how it will play out. Just use the first time rules which simplify the game slightly.

Just play until he finds the rebel base.

I have a friend who insists on playing Imperials in every Star Wars game I own. I'll let him be Imps in my first game since I'm really interested in trying out how Rebels play in this game anyway lol

Empire. Always Empire.

Seems to be split evenly so far

Rebels for me. I wanna feel the fear. :P

(plus, I KNOW my son will choose Imperial)

I've already determined I'll be Rebels with my friends, as they're both happy fascists.

I use my daughter as my personal playtester, (she was not a fan of xwing but she soldiered through four games of it). Anyway, she normally likes to be the good guys, so, I will probably play Imps for the first bit