Possible Expansions

By Serotonine, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Hey y'all,

I wanted to ask the community about the possibility of further expansions for DH2E.

As it stands we have the three splat-books that were released and while I like them I noticed a distinct lack of Elite Advances in general and for non-psykers in particular. My hope is that there will be a major expansion that is like Into the Storm/Inquisitors Handbook from Rogue Trader and DH1E respectively.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations/wishes regarding DH2e?

regards

Before it was obvious that something was still coming, Enemies Within, Without, Beyond. The last 2 came out in quick succession of each other. Not sure how to interprete this, perhaps FFG just wanted to finish the RPG line as quickly as possible? Or perhaps they revitalized their interest in the 40k RPG lines and are in fact about to preview their next release.

Whether it will be the former or the latter will be very noticable depending on the time it will take them now to preview their next release. If it's greater or equal than 6 months, I think the chances of them releasing anything anymore will greatly diminish as time goes by.

I would love it if they somehow would add Deathwatch/Rogue Trader content to the DH2 system by giving them as a seperate splatbook (each) and allowing players to play such roles.

While the Aptitude system is a great system in essence, they should make an effort to finally balance them a bit more. Some aptitudes have way more utility than others (Leadership right now sucks hard!). I believe only Enemies Beyond has released another Talent for non-elite advance characters. That's it, basically the Commanding skill and 3 Talents if I'm correct. And the Inquisitor Elite advancement gives Leadership automatically.

Cherry on the cake would be books that depict different kinds of alien civilizations/npc stats. Something that many found lacking in the Enemies Without book, despite it being a very good book otherwise. And official Valkyrie stats for once.

Edited by Gridash

I think the general consensus is that we would all love a Rogue Trader splat. It would make a lot of sense from a business standpoint, they wouldn't have to build a new RT line but they would prompt all the RT fans to pick up DH2 and enemies without at the very least.

For DH2 , I still want:

1) A Monster Manual, with at least one-third new creatures (rather than just the umpteenth reiteration of the same xenos and daemons that have appeared in every other WH40KRP game already).

2) A Sector Guide. I still can't believe that they never made one of these for DH1 ...

3) A Big Book O' Plot Hooks, like Disciples of the Dark Gods .

Anything after that is gravy.

What my two predecessors said.

RT/DW + Monsterbook + Plot book + Sector guide.

Agreed. You don't need a new core book for Deathwatch; just a character generation mechanic and an updated armoury. Some of it's already out there - if you were inclined to do Grey Knights, the Psycannon and Incinerator are in Enemies Without, for example.

Rogue Trader would be amazing - especially if ship combat could be reworked. It needn't be to the same level of detail; a narrative version of ship combat would be fine - but appropriate elite advance and some uses for influence would be good.

The plot book would be nice. I do approve of the plot-hook-for-each-world approach done to date; my one preference for a follow-up would be political factions, more far-reaching and influential cults, and (especially) rival inquisitors.

If you consider it a "Peers Of The Imperium" sourcebook, then Heretical Nobles, Rogue Traders, Inquisitors and Watch-Captains all fit naturally within the scope.

Rogue Trader Rogue Trader Rogue Trader!

That's predominantly why I'm here. I've never played Dark Heresy proper, but am a Rogue Trader player and GM.

One of my players has all the DH2 books (which all reside at my house atm for me to thoroughly comb through), and I have seen how DH2 has been gradually enveloping the other lines under its umbrella with various Elite Advances, Homeworlds, Backgrounds, etc, I'd just like them to be definitive about it one way or the other.

A book giving us Navigators, ship combat, and rules for properly playing xenos (rather than just house-ruling aptitudes to troop-type npcs or playing them as support mooks) would be much appreciated, especially considering our group is planning on running a 'next-generation' game using the DH2 rules eventually.

Edited by Crow Eye

Before it was obvious that something was still coming, Enemies Within, Without, Beyond. The last 2 came out in quick succession of each other. Not sure how to interprete this, perhaps FFG just wanted to finish the RPG line as quickly as possible?

I am afraid of this, personally. The books are great, but the fact that the last two came out so suddenly was not lost on me. Not to mention how other current-generation WH40kRPGs are falling into reprint limbo (lookin' at you, Black Crusade).

Honestly, I couldn't agree more with the Monster Manual and Sector Guide. I mean, honestly, half the time I consider setting DH2 campaigns in the Calixis sector, because of how rich and expansive it is. Askellon is fething tiny compared to the Calixis Sector. And I also agree with plot hooks. Seriously you can't ever have enough plot hooks -- it was my favorite part of Creatures Anathema.

Pick a single planet. Focus most of a book on that planet, with the rest of the book covering any other locations of interest within the same star system.

1. A book of factions in the sector, like disciple of the dark gods.

2. A book of planet gazettes.

3. Rogue trader splat book, ship combat (with combined broadside macros fixed).

4. Space marine splat book.