I love, love, love the new dice mechanic!

By Deadline247, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

Just finished playing a demo of WFRP3 a few hours ago and I had a blast. I will definitely be picking this game up in the near future. But I must say that my favorite part of the game was definitely the dice. I was semi-intimidated by this idea at first, but after a few turns I was hooked.

I think they actually speed up play once you get the hang of using them, since you are getting a lot of results at one time. It also seems like it would be easy from a GM standpoint as well (especially if you are math challenged in any way...LOL). I like the idea of simply adding more good or bad dice to a player's pool rather than figuring out numerical penalties. I think this will be an attractive aspect of the game to younger players since it's a bit easier to grasp.

Also...I think this is the first time that I've played a 2.5 hour roleplaying session without ever lifting a pencil. Everything is kept track of by the components, so there's really no need to write anything.

Anyway, a big thumbs up from me. Congrats to the Fantasy Flight Team...I think you've got a winner on your hands.

Agreed. It didn't take two rounds of play before everyone had the hang of the dice and the combat went pretty smoothly. I had fun and liked what I saw of the books during the brief period I got to flip through them before play started. I am definitely excited about getting my pre-order as soon as possible so I can dive in even deeper.