Tide of Iron--Modern Warfare?

By Interceptor2, in Tide of Iron

You know how video games like Call to Arms did some WWII games, and recently did a modern warfare version of the game? What if Tide of Iron did something like that? Now I know this idea might generate strong opinions on either side of the coin...I'm just offering it as a suggestion.

Here's my thoughts. I think Tide of Iron is a great tabletop war game. I love the rules and I love playing the game. What if, after a few expansions in WWII, Tide of Iron , using the same rules system, made a Tide of Iron Modern Warfare expansion or two? Heck, they could even do Viet Nam...which I think would be really cool, too. I know that in modern warfare infantry tactics are a lot more small unit stuff, but you could certainly incorporate new units, weapons, and of course, tanks and artillery. I always liked the Command and Conquer video games, where you had all kinds of units and misslies, and vehicles to throw at the bad guys. Some modern day warfare stuff might be cool...down the road. Just a thought.

As Tide of Iron expands, I will probably skip Normandy and a Pacific Theatre expansion, but I will definately buy an Eastern Front expansion. After that...I don't know. I think some modern urban combat stuff with the Tide of Iron game system would rock, and I would definatley buy that. Think of the options. Here's some of my ideas: Black Hawk helicopters as miniatures for transport and attack platforms, new tanks (like the Abrams), strategy cards for heavy bombardment (like those Daisy Cutter bombs), spy satellites, un-manned drones, SCUD missile installations, etc. etc.