Good Text To Speech program for tech priest?

By FuelDrop, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

My group are going to be running up against some Logicians very soon. I want to capture that emotionless tech-priest vibe by using a Text-to-speech program, and possibly applying some filters to the result.

Does anyone know any good, tech-priesty sounding voice sets and/or filters?

I think that's a great idea. So far I have only used the text-to-speech built-in in my android devices, but I don't think that you can apply filters there and also the set of voices to choose from is rather small. I would be interested in your final solution ;) .

I had to buy an outboard vocoder then run it thru 3rd party app that lets you hear what your record on PC...

OK - there is some software called Natural Reader...

You can copy and paste Text into it and it'll read it.

The problem is vocoding it in real time - I could see that as problematic - all I know to do is have Natural Reader export out my audio text - then run that wav. file thru some sort of audio vocoder plugin (I happen to have some years experience with audio processing / production) whether that be VST or not - granted in a lot of cases you will need a host program in order to run the vocoder plugin - kinda a lot of stuff you have to do and - this aint even live!

If someone were smarty smart programmer they would create a desktop / phone app that can do vocoding in real time and or via text input - if I could I woulda already have been done it (I know easier said than done) - I just don't get sometimes "why" certain software hasn't been invented yet ~ go figure

Stay GAMING

Morbid

P.S. I would call my app "Optimus Dic" lol dic as in dictation LMFAO

Edited by MorbidDon

Morph Vox Pro

I saw this recently - I might get it...

Stay GAMING

Morbid

You could also try reaching out to James Swallow ; I still remember the Tech-Priest in his audiobook "Red & Black" for having a really fitting voice. It sounded ... metallic and deep, with some sort of clicking and whirring by-sound, presumably to represent various tiny mechanisms moving restlessly.

Maybe he would know what sort of filter was used for the production?

Edited by Lynata