The Weirdness of Wave 3 and what it may mean

By ficklegreendice, in Star Wars: Armada

Well... TWO Shots.

They DO have a Scatter Token.

Well three, if you dont get a accuracy on the 1st two, flip scatter 1st, burn scatter on second third kills

"Flotillas follow the same rules as other ships with one exception"Motti will still work.

if they are a "small ship" if they are their own class "flotilla" motti doesn't effect them. Basically they could be a 4th ship type

It reads as follows:

The flotilla enters Wave III as an all-new type of ship . Flotillas operate in most ways the same as larger ships , but because they represent multiple, smaller ships, flotillas feature two plastic ship models, instead of one. Apart from this difference, they follow the same rules as other ships, with one exception —when a flotilla would overlap or be overlapped by another ship, only the flotilla takes a facedown damage card. You do not deal a facedown damage card to the closest ship the flotilla overlapped unless that ship is also a flotilla.

So, what are you basing your contrary opinion on?

Assuming that they have an officer slot (because they obviously come with officer upgrades) these ships could also be a cheap platform for officers like Director Isard and Leia. Then they are not taking up a slot on a larger ship that could use Intel Officer, etc.

Edited by miferr

Oooh, a Rules Conundrum.

Let us assume that the "Flotilla" rules are -totally- shown what is on that card....

Size Class

Each ship has a size class: small, medium or large. Small ships use the 41 mm x 71 mm base, medium ships use the 61mm x 102mm base, and large ships use the 76mm x 129mm base*.

In which case, it uses the small ship base, and should be classified as a small ship.

A Ship is defined as:

Ship

A ship consists of a ship base, a ship model, a ship token, and a ship card. All components must match the ship’s type, and the name on the ship card must match the name on the ship token.

SO. This means two Things:

A Flotilla is a small ship, and Motti Works.

They will have to FAQ a Flolitta to "Not" be a Small Ship, but to be a Flotilla on a Small Ship Base, in order to Disqualify Motti.

There could be more rules to it - Especially on the Foldout Paper (just like the Contain Token in Home One / ISD)

But at the moment. PURE SPECULATION

Other question is will squadrons use anti sqaudrons dice or anti ship dice on them?

Edit: sorry phone posting but from the article:

The flotilla enters Wave III as an all-new type of ship[/

So flotillas are NOT small ships they are FLOTILLAS

Edited by clontroper5

I'm really excited to see how these change up the game.

A Rieekan player can use these to stop movement cheaply and provide a small benefit like a bomber booster.

Other question is will squadrons use anti sqaudrons dice or anti ship dice on them?

Anti ship

It's a ship . They'll be attacked by battery armaments whether it's a ship or a squadron shooting at them.

They have ships cards.

End of discussion.

Go intel agent on demolisher all the time now.

Intel scatter, first shot: they scatter.

second shot, they die.

The scatter token makes Sensor Team an even better addition to Demolisher w/Expanded Launchers. Lose one die to guarantee an Accuracy. Even without re-rolls a kill is almost guaranteed. Or you could just shoot it once with a front arc on an ISD-II.

The flotilla enters Wave III as an all-new type of ship .

You've done it now, my friend.

What article of clothing shall we vow to consume should one of us be wrong?

(More civilized than ten paces at dawn.)

Edit: sorry phone posting but from the article:The flotilla enters Wave III as an all-new type of ship .So flotillas are NOT small ships they are FLOTILLAS

You've done it now, my friend. What article of clothing shall we vow to consume should one of us be wrong? (More civilized than ten paces at dawn.)
:P

Anyway that's where my argument comes from. In short motti affects small medium and large ships but in the wave 3 there will actually be 4 types

Small, medium, large and flotilla

Edited by clontroper5

(More civilized than ten paces at dawn.)

Look, they may be on a small ship base or they could be on a smaller base. They are a new type of ship and as such will be affected by rule updates and the pamphlet in the box.

Edit: sorry phone posting but from the article:The flotilla enters Wave III as an all-new type of ship .So flotillas are NOT small ships they are FLOTILLAS

You've done it now, my friend. What article of clothing shall we vow to consume should one of us be wrong? (More civilized than ten paces at dawn.)
haha, I think any item that was used by Rebel scum to be sufficiently disgusting for a lost bet :P

Lyraeus , prepare to ship Clon your work socks. I'll cover S&H.

So cards that affect "ships" will not affect "flotillas"? So does that me that, for example, the Defiance ship upgrade would not apply against a flotilla? And Leia Organa and Tantive IV would not affect a flotilla?

haha, I think any item that was used by Rebel scum to be sufficiently disgusting for a lost bet :P

Lyraeus , prepare to ship Clon your work socks. I'll cover S&H.

So cards that affect "ships" will not affect "flotillas"? So does that me that, for example, the Defiance ship upgrade would not apply against a flotilla? And Leia Organa and Tantive IV would not affect a flotilla?
no flotilla would be a ship but a 4th class of ship so motti wouldn't apply because he specifies small medium or large ship but pretty much everything else would be normal Edited by clontroper5

No the argument is that Motti won't affect Flotillas

Honestly, when it comes down to it?

I don't care if it does or doesn't...

It has 1 Shield, No Brace, No Redirect, and even with Motti, only 4 Hull...

Its entire defensive strategy is to remove all dice with its Evade and Scatter... So it won't care about multiple smaller hits anyway...

I forsee most people sneezing at it, and it either living with hull, or dying without... 3 to 4 hull not making that much of a difference...

Now, if it had the suite of damage mitigation tokens, then it'd be different... If it could do Ram damage, it'd be different...

But I really don't care wether Motti works or not, because I don't feel its going to make the difference...

Motti explicitly effects small, medium, and large ships. Currently those are the only 3 kinds of ships. IF flotillas count as small ships in the rules, then Motti will effect them. If flotillas are a 4th kind of ship, then they will still be effected by all the rules for "ships", but they won't be effected by rules that specify "small ships" which is what Motti does (or medium or large ships).

Guys...it's a ship, based on it's own definition. Furthermore, you can tell it's a small ship based on the shield dial protrusion size to length (or width) ratio shown in the picture.

Currently defined, the fact that it's a ship and on a small sized base, means that it is, in fact, a small ship.

Thus, with all the information that has currently been revealed, whatever else it may have, be modified or described by, it is also a small ship. Thus it's +1 hull through Motti.

That may change, of course, as more information becomes available. But with what we have right now, it's a Motti-fiable (hehe, you like that?) small ship.

I bet they count as a ship. See how the combat refit has no side dice? That's probably to prevent spam with Ackbar. They can't attack from the sides so they can't get his bonus. Those arcs hint flotillas do benefit from flagships.

Guys...it's a ship, based on it's own definition. Furthermore, you can tell it's a small ship based on the shield dial protrusion size to length (or width) ratio shown in the picture.

Currently defined, the fact that it's a ship and on a small sized base, means that it is, in fact, a small ship.

Thus, with all the information that has currently been revealed, whatever else it may have, be modified or described by, it is also a small ship. Thus it's +1 hull through Motti.

That may change, of course, as more information becomes available. But with what we have right now, it's a Motti-fiable (hehe, you like that?) small ship.