RtL and Dark Relics

By moony29, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Getting ready to start our first RtL campaign so I am trying to get my questions out of the way ahead of time.

1) Do the heroes get an initial shopping turn before campaign starts? (like vanilla)

2)When a dark relic is discarded through character death (or other means I can't think of right now), is that relic card available later in the campaign, or is it put into the graveyard?

moony29 said:

Getting ready to start our first RtL campaign so I am trying to get my questions out of the way ahead of time.

1) Do the heroes get an initial shopping turn before campaign starts? (like vanilla)

2)When a dark relic is discarded through character death (or other means I can't think of right now), is that relic card available later in the campaign, or is it put into the graveyard?

1. Sort of yes. See number 3 on pg8. They get 1200cash to buy potions and shop items and unspent money goes to party treasury

2. It is still available unless anything explicitly tells you to put in in the graveyard.

But don't forget that the anti-Dark Relic party upgrade is also available. For 500gp they can negate a 20 threat trap. That's a lot of money right now, but once they see how painful those Dark Relics can be, they may keep that money set aside in the future.