Mennara and Terrinoth

By cadamec, in Runewars

In the preview articles, Mennara is frequently mentioned. I know Terrinoth is the land of Runebound and Descent, but what is Mennara? What is the relationship of Mennara to Terrinoth?

Thanks.

That's a question I'm curious about, too. My current guess is that Mennara is a continent/region in the world of Terrinoth, presumably separate from the general locale of Tamalir and the other Runebound maps since it hasn't been mentioned in context there before.

It's also possible that Mennara was the name of the world in Battlemist and is one of many details being imported into Terrinoth with Runewars. We'll have to wait and see how it fits together. The fact that both Mennara and Terrinoth are mentioned in the most recent preview article does show us that it isn't an oversight in naming conventions though, which is good =)

Mennara was indeed the name of the land in Battlemist (and also, I think, Disk Wars). However, if I recall (and I'll have to go look to check later), in the initial announcement for RuneWars, there was mention that there would be an attempt to "blend" the old DIsk Wars world into the "current' Runebound world - tying them together somehow. For instance, the name of Dark One and the Elves is the same as in Battlemist - but obviously some of the Heroes are from Terrinoth's world.

My guess is either in the rulebook's "backstory" or future articles, or both, the connection between the two names/worlds/whatever will be more fully explained.

You can read a little more detail on the game's background from the box back, which someone got a picture of at the Essen game fair:

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/594603

It doesn't entirely clarify what Terrinoth is within Mennara, but it's consistent with Terrinoth being a continent.

Lindsey said:

You can read a little more detail on the game's background from the box back, which someone got a picture of at the Essen game fair:

It doesn't entirely clarify what Terrinoth is within Mennara, but it's consistent with Terrinoth being a continent.

Thanks for pointing that out. It would appear then that Mennara is the world upon which Terrinoth is a land or continent. So: Mennara > Terrinoth.

Lindsey said:

+1 on the thanks for sharing. Not only does that link provide us with some more insight on how Mennara and Terrinoth fit together, but if you browse the gallery there are images of a few more cards than FFG has shown us. =) Including a reference card that breaks down the different base shapes in a bit more detail than the last preview, which I found particularly interesting, typos aside =)

All these pictures can be seen in the previews. You just have to follow the links in the text.