wfrp demo a bust

By Cynicalmisfit, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

Saint&Sinner said:

The 'demo' (really more of a dry run) was done at

Hit Point Hobbies, Southern Pines, NC

Talked to an employee and the report the guy gave was confirmed by him (he played in it). They are not planning on running anything this weekend but offer to let me by and look through the box or run something if I wanted to.

edited to get the right store in the post.

Well, keep in mind that in order to be one of the stores selected for the Pre-launch event, they had to submit demo times. I doubt that FFG approved a Thursday demo. So ... unless there was an emergency, which that fellow's comment didn't seem to agree with by saying it would conflict with other games, then the store deliberately lied to FFG (and everyone else) in order to get the Core Set and had no intention of running the demo when they said they would this weekend. It does not reflect well on that store's management, IMO.

Regardless, let the man rant all he wants. Just point people to his post, and our posts in response if need be. I think both sides stand for themselves. He was ill-prepared and didn't know the rules, and should probably not have GM'd the event, let alone started posting negative reviews of the game when most, if not all, of the issues were because of his lack of preparation.

Saint, I sincerely hope someone in that area actually spends some time learning the rules and then runs the demo again. See if that employee will give the game another shot, for example, and see what his opinion of the game is afterwards.

dvang said:

Regardless, let the man rant all he wants. Just point people to his post, and our posts in response if need be. I think both sides stand for themselves.

IMO, both sides come out looking bad from this exchange. I'd just let the thread drop, personally.

Even after what you said Jay...im not sorry about it and im not going to be....he was bashing the game after clearly stateing that he didnt use and GM skills in the game....very...very dumb...if he took the time to read the, which he said he barely did, and read the GM book.....there would be no problems....im not sorry and i dont care.......if i offend someone....grow up and deal with it...