Horus Heresy in Warhammer 40k Conquest

By bearyweary, in Living Card Games

I enjoy this game so much and want to play competitively. The lore of WH40k is also really awesome and some of the best lore I have ever read about a game. My personal favorite lore in WH40k is the Horus Heresy. This got me thinking when I was playing the game with a friend of mine was the concept of maybe a deluxe expansion to the Horus Heresy. I think it can be done but it also had me thinking, would this only provide support for the Space Marines, Chaos, and the Imperial Guard factions in the game? I would not want it to conflict with the other factions especially when the Necrons are released too. I just think it would be cool to use the Primarchs as warlords. It would be really awesome to play as the Chaos with Horus the Warmaster as my Warlord or as the Space Marines and Rogal Dorn of the Imperial Fists as my Warlord. Let me know what you guys think of FFG putting something like this together.

Well, the Eldar and Orks would still be valid, as would Dark Eldar I believe (if memory serves the Fall and the birth of She Who Thirsts was prior to the Heresy).

Tyrannids, Necrons and Tau are all out though. Necrons are still dormant, Tyrannids have yet to reach our galaxy and Tau aren't evolved enough for space exploration. Would mean the alliance wheel at the very least would need a rework.

I would not be interested in any 30K fluff. We still don't have the ability to build 40K theme decks so why muddy the waters further, Once we have a Sisters of Battle Deck, a Templars deck, an Evil Suns deck, an all Cadian deck then I'll consider a cycle that throws in some 30K items. And 30K, if it happens, should be only in a cycle so that it adds some flavor for a few years then rotates out and we move onto a new flavor.