Internet game with Skype

By Awaken2, in UFS General Discussion

I just had one of the most amazing games i have ever played at UFS...Baranor and i hooked up over Skype and used our webcams to play a game..

His Astaroth Vs my Kazuya.... a really great deck, a great player and a great person. It worked really well being able to communicate with voice and video to play. We both had a blast and really enjoyed it...so i am posting this up to see if we can garner some more interest in this type of playing...i doubt either one of us would have ever met the other (barring nats or worlds) as he lives in Washington and I love in Florida...but the amazing interwebs made it happen and it was a really enjoyable experience.

If anyone is wanting help getting set up or wants to play or anything please feel free to contact me on AIM or on here
AIM: DJxAwaken

what a great experience...

I was thinking this sounds really awesome. But then I realized I'm mainly playing Nina, and I feel like it would be impossible to look at my opponents top 5 cards of his deck without him seeing them also.

I'm on Skype all the time. Check me out: iari.melchor is my sign in name. I make my own hours, so i can be flexible. However, hit me up and let me know when y'all would be down to get a game in.

Lunatic.. just ask him to hold up the cards towards the camera, then say "discard the 3d one from left or something, and put the second one over there and 4th one over there" It should be doable(he only sees the back of the cards like this)

Ditto to everything Awaken said! The game was great, and it worked fantastic with the Skype game play to see and hear. He just needed to stop blowing up the world so that Astaroth could pound his face! I would love to rock some games with anyone.

AIM: Loosend17

i added you Rockstar...i would like to get a "Skype Meta" going lol, a playgroup that can meet up and hold online tournaments....that would be pretty kool

Awaken said:

i added you Rockstar...i would like to get a "Skype Meta" going lol, a playgroup that can meet up and hold online tournaments....that would be pretty kool

That's awesome! Holler at me when you want to get some games in!

do you got AIM? add me on aim if you want

DJxAwaken

Unfortunately, i don't AIM. Is this easier than Skype?? If so, and because i'm caught in a time warp and still living in the 20th century, how do i get one? <sheepish grin here> preocupado.gif

AIM is just a chat program, iam on skype now but i dont see you on....

where has all my internet playgroup gone?

Hey Awaken,

We will need to actually schedule specific times to Skype some NewFS. I will have some time tomorrow after 4pm (PacStandard), and maybe on Tuesday after 4 as well.

What days and times might you be available??

I'm here! I promise. My future brother-in-law is in town and as such am not available nearly as much as I would like to be! I'm hoping we can rock some games Monday?

sure monday night sounds good

i wish i had a webcam im trying 2 score one from a friend and if i do then ill be sure to join you guys for some games....i dont have much going on at the moment except for working a few hours a weeks so i should be able to in the future

that would be awesome bro! cant wait to play!

iam on skype for anyone who wants to play a game...

I'll be on in a few hours. Darn work getting in the way of playing UFS!

lol just gimmie a ring when you are ready

Trying to log in to my Skype acct...for some reason it isn't doing it...just spinning the icon like it's thinking...doh!!...

looking for a game now if anyone is on...would be nice

Hey, having just got a webcam and mic, I can join in on all this internet-playing witchcraft now, and would be more than happy to do so (although considering I'm on the otherside of the world to most of you guys, we'll have to find a time that works with 5 hours difference between us :D ). I don't have Skype yet, but I am on AIM and MSN if it helps. If people want me on MSN, I can give you my email address.

AIM: ViewtifulJoee (Not a typo, tere's 2 e's in it)

Wow amazing that this was at the top of the posts! I was just wanting to post this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta9RR4lh4wE wondering why we don't have this program to play online with!

I don't have skype but I have a web cam. I would love to get something going though. Can we get a more permanent page to list our contact info on so we can challenge players and play test all over the world?

Wow iam glad to see some interest in this picking up...we had another great match last night and talked about making this a more solid thing.
I dont know where we can list info other than bumping this to add info...if anyone needs help with Skype or anything feel free to get ahold of my on AIM, i guess i can keep track of the skype contacts and just list them up so everyone who is interested can add each other and we can go from there...anyways my aim is here again: DJxAwaken

add me and hit me up