Addition to core set?

By WookieW, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I have question to publishers: Is there any chance that you make some kind of extension or addition to core set that will complement core set up to 3 copies of each non leader card?

In current situation we are forced to buy at least 3 core set to be able to build deck as it was intended. This solution has its cons, we don't like to pay second and third copy of each leader and leader related cards.

Please consider publishing this kind addition.

This comes up a we so often in every LCG. I ain't gonna happen. People most are willing to pay for the 2nd and 3rd core. Those who won't just settles for a single copy. It's something that has been debated to death without FFG ever changing this distribution model. And since people are willing to get 2-3 core sets why should they? It's good business ;)

Good business aside, if you're going to effectively triple the number of cards in the Core Set, you should expect it to end up at effectively triple the price. So what are you saving.

You should also be aware that the publishers never comment on these boards. If you are trying to get a message through to them, you'll have more luck using the "Customer Service" link than you will posting open questions on the discussion boards.

I understand yours arguments, but going this way of thinking publisher should make all expansions way he made core set. I'm trying to say that there is target group who will buy potential expansion for core set but will not spend money for two more core sets. For me this kind of politic of publisher prevents extension of competitive scene of WH40K. Sorry for my English, its not my first language.

I understand yours arguments, but going this way of thinking publisher should make all expansions way he made core set.

This doesn't follow. When an expansion pack has approximately 20 unique cards, putting in 3 copies of each to bring the total number of cards to 60, and bringing the list price up from $5 to $15, is immensely different from putting in 3 copies of approximately 150 cards (plus signature squads, planets, tokens and counters) to bring the total number of cards to about 500 (plus tokens and counters) and increase the price from $40 to $100 - $120.

And that's another major consideration. If the Core Set itself had 3 copies of non-Warlords, it would cost $100 or more. How would it affect the extension of the competitive Conquest scene if the basic buy-in cost for the Core Set was $100+ instead of $40?

Anyway, there is a vast difference between producing and marketing a 20x3 or a 60x3 box for $15 - $30, and producing and marketing a $140x3 + 73 box for $100 - $120.

But, I think what you're really asking for is not a Core Set with 3 copies of everything, but rather a "deck customization expansion" box with the extra 2 copies of every non-signature, non-planet, non-token card in the Core Set so people can just buy the extra cards. The math on that doesn't work out, though. A box like that would include about 280 cards. The price point on deluxe expansions is between $0.17 and $0.25 per card, so you're looking at between $49.95 $69.95 for this product (vs. $79.90 for 2 extra Core Sets). Based on this, it seems unlikely that this is a political decision of the publisher, but rather a business one. Why go through the trouble and expense of producing, storing, shipping and selling a second product box with limited consumer appeal and use? It's just not profitable for them - and not nearly as in-demand a product as you think. (The competitive scene is a minority - a vocal minority, but a minority nonetheless - of the people who buy the products.)