[RtH Spoilers] Home Front advice?

By taleden, in Imperial Assault Campaign

I'll be playing Home Front next as Precision Training against Fenn, Loku, Verena and MHD-19, and my Rebel opponent is a far better tactician than I -- any strategic advice on this mission?

The Rebel has a Boon, so the refugees will have 4 health instead of 3, which is hugely annoying. I'm guessing he'll get through the barricade early on round 3, so I'll only have 2 free discards; it's tempting to try to use that on two refugees to save me having to go through a whole door, but I'd also really love to blow the bottom two doors early so that when the E-Web drops, it can immediately try to nail a couple of refugees in those rooms instead of just banging on doors. I'm also concerned about Verena getting to use the E-Web's attack against Jann, so it might be nice to have one of the lower doors open for Jann to immediately duck around a corner. On the other hand, that puts him (her?) further from supporting troopers, so maybe it would be better to rush out instead?

I'm also unsure of which open groups to bring. I'm trying to find figures that have the best chance of one-shotting refugees, but threat level is only 3 so a lot of the heavy hitters are probably out. Trandoshan would have been amazing except their free strain only applies to figures, and the refugees are only tokens. HKs might be good to reroll the white if it dodges, but they're a little squishy. Maybe just tons of stormstroopers and try to swarm them?

I'm not sure why strain damage wouldn't work, they're not objects. Regardless, troopers are still probably your best choice, although if you really want to 1-shot things then a probe droid is good. Don't forget the bonus threat you get. Nexu are always fun too.

The Trandoshan ability specifically says "when attacking a figure", and the mission rules only say the tokens are refugees, but does not say they are figures. So I think the ability does not apply, and for the same reason, other figures can stand on top of the refugees because they're only objects and not figures.

Correct, mission tokens are only figures if they are explicitly defined to represent figures, which isn't the case here. (See Mission Tokens from RRG. Ally/villain tokens are figures as defined in the Allies section of the RRG.)

Thus a figure can enter and end movement in the same space, draw line of sight through them, and any ability that refers to figure (instead of target or object) can't be used.

Edited by a1bert

I realize I'm a little late to this party, but this mission is coming up for me as an Imperial. Spoilers. Imperials only please. Noob question, but

1. Can my wampa rotate 90 degrees if, during the rotation, he passes through (but does not end on) blocking terrain?

2. How on earth do you keep that barricade up? Its only got 8 health! If the rebels rush to fill the spaces directly in front of it in round 1, I can't imagine how it survives past the beginning of round 2. And then, sheesh, uphill battle killing 7 refugees before they take out Jann. Can my technical support droid heal a barricade? Just kidding. (Not kidding)

3. Mission rules say Jann gets one action after each rebel activation. After Jann goes, does another one of my imperial groups get to activate? Rules aren't explicit, but it would seem silly that we would go through a sequence of rebel activates>Jann activates>rebel activates... before I get to activate another group

As always, thanks for the help!

Edited by TeethAlmighty

1. yes. See movement example from the RRG. (walls)

3. The special activation does not affect the rebel/imperial activation order.

8 hours ago, a1bert said:

1. yes. See movement example from the RRG. (walls)

In the example (#9), I see a massive figure rotating through a wall edge, which makes sense as massives ignore terrain and can move through blocking or impassable edges. Aren't large figures bound by terrain rules though? Or is this example supposed to apply to both?

Edited by TeethAlmighty
8 minutes ago, TeethAlmighty said:

In the example (#9), I see a massive figure rotating through a wall edge, which makes sense as massives ignore terrain and can move through blocking or impassable edges. Aren't large figures bound by terrain rules though? Or is this example supposed to apply to both?

Figures with massive can enter and move through blocking and impassable terrain. No figure can move through walls or doors. So, a large figure rotating thus happens effectively by picking up the figure and putting it down in the other orientation, you do not "turn" the figure in place. Only the spaces the figure enters matter.

Ah, good stuff. Thanks!

having faced a similar group, ..... GL. I tried running away with people that had tokens. Maybe put them in a hard to reach place? Try and minimize the Recon token people deaths?

Rebels don't Read without imp consent:

Don't charge in, stack units untill they come to you and it is to late for them to kill your units. Balance your hand of open groups, trooper probe droid nexu and trando did nicely for me on almost all occasions.