What should I get first?

By shotbyscott, in BattleLore

HI

I just picked up a copy (on sale at a local dealer) for my son and I to play over Easter. I was wondering what expansion pack I should buy first?

Thanks

Which core set did you pick up?

There's only one Core Set for Battlelore 2nd Edition... not sure what Red7 means.

If you play the game and enjoy it I'd suggest:

1. If you really like it and have the cash get Hernfar Guardians and Warband of Scorn. Those sets expand on the Daqan and Uthuk factions in the Core Set with new units, scenarios and lore cards. You'll now have lots more variety and options when army building.

2. If you like it but don't want to spend all that at once, get the Heralds of Dreadfall. This introduces the Undead faction and is similar to what the other factions include in the Core Set (Infantry, Archer, Cavalry, Elite and Legendary). You'll now have 3 factions to choose from when playing.

3. If you like it but are on a budget, any of the 3 Reinforcement packs are fun additions to the game. I'd lean toward the Great Dragon and Mountain Giant.

3 fractions sounds like an interesting starting place.....

I bought Hernfar & Warband, and I'm happy. Really nice components, plus I wanted to "complete" the core factions instead of diversifying.

looks like im getting the Hernfar & Warband as its about all i can find in Germany at the moment

Shotbyscott,

Morgenwelt.org has everything in stock and ships from Germany ( here the BT page)