One last for today (RtL Question)

By MaHaPaTe, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

As we plan do start an new campaign today this would be really great to know :) .

It's about the Ascension Plot. 4 of the plot cards read: ''Choose a razed city and place a conquest token on it. The heroes cannot enter the tempel.....''

But the rulebook says that heroes never can 'use' any buildings of a razed city... so where's the effect??

THX

MaHaPaTe said:

As we plan do start an new campaign today this would be really great to know :) .

It's about the Ascension Plot. 4 of the plot cards read: ''Choose a razed city and place a conquest token on it. The heroes cannot enter the tempel.....''

But the rulebook says that heroes never can 'use' any buildings of a razed city... so where's the effect??

THX

That is an excellent question and one I suggest you submit to the rules questions section for FF to answer.

Something is ticking in the back of my feeble mind that only temples can still be used with Razed cities but I can't seem to find anything to support that. Perhaps something in the starting description of Ascention?

Sorry I can't be of more help!

No need to say sorry...

I'm quite happy as this implicates that i'm not a total dumbass who's too stupid to read the rules :) I'm gonna search a little bit more for the answer and if i can't find anything and no one else in here can bring light to the dark I will post this in the rules question section.

I just saw I was quoting the plot cards not in the right way. They say ''.... and put a Temple token on it...''

But that doesn't change the fact that there's no effect with the heroes not be able to enter it.

My only idea is that the OL, as he tries in this plot to become a sort of god builds his own temples in these cities. OL-Temples :) . Which might give him more and more godlike power or something like this. And with the words 'the heroes cannot enter it' they justed wanted to make sure that the heroes take no effort of the OL-temples. Or so... :)

Check the titles of the plot cards:

• The Temple of Wind
  • The Temple of Earth
  • The Temple of Wave
  • The Temple of Fire

That's what the "the heroes cannot enter the Temple" refers too. A bit confusing, yes. They should probably have called them "Shrines" or so.

EDIT: Actually re-reading the plot cards, they say "Choose a razed city and place a Temple token on it." That makes it pretty obviousI think.

MaHaPaTe said:

I just saw I was quoting the plot cards not in the right way. They say ''.... and put a Temple token on it...''

But that doesn't change the fact that there's no effect with the heroes not be able to enter it.

My only idea is that the OL, as he tries in this plot to become a sort of god builds his own temples in these cities. OL-Temples :) . Which might give him more and more godlike power or something like this. And with the words 'the heroes cannot enter it' they justed wanted to make sure that the heroes take no effort of the OL-temples. Or so... :)

So... I think we have the same thoughts right now :) THX for all the quick answers!

I always took this as them not being able toenter the razed city space ion order to pass through like they normally can.

As I understand it (and I love using this plot) it puts a big tower of naughtyness in the middle of the rubble of a razed city, much like a massive upraised middle finger, with a big field of go-away-ness that prevents the heroes from going in and trashing the place. They can walk by and scowl all at it they like (In fact, I always encouraged my heroes to take in the sights whenever they meandered through a former town with one of my temples in it), but can do nothing until my power is broken.

I think I might have been the first OL with intentions to form a tourism board....

Double post. My bad

Its meant to discourage players from wanting to assault a razed city to destroy the dark elemental temple. If the text was not present then players would visit the derelect cities and try to seige the temple and tear it down.