Kerrigan

By Simon56, in StarCraft

Having played something like 25 games with Brood war, I think that the Queen of blade is too strong in 1vs1 games due to the leadership card where you can have 2 bases-6 zerglings-2 transports and 8 workers. You have so many options with 2 bases...

I haven't seen a game where it was very close between the 2 players. Our group is seriously considering nerfing the card somewhat.

In games with more than 2 players, it seems to be balanced enough, but maybe there was some other factors involved in those games

What do you think?

Indeed, one of the strongest cards in 1v1 games. But that's mainly due to its starting "value":

6 +2 +8 = 16 (counting in resources). 18, if you count the 2nd base... x.x

For other races standard value is 15 (excluding only Raynor's "Covert operations" card, having total value 21(!))

I think both those cards are overpovered. Just look at the number of starting units...

My suggestion how to patch it - in 1v1 games:

- Kerrigan must choose if she discards 1 Transport or 1 Zergling

- Raynor must choose if he discards 1 Firebat or 1 Ghost

When i play base game everyone must put there base far from protoss

but when brood war come out

Dugalle / Raynor is what you must avoid T-T

My last two games, I played the Aldaris faction against the Queen of Blades, and I won both times against a very good opponent. The first time, I won by special victory. The second time, I won by VP's. I had a base on Abbadon and then expanded to Vyctor V in Round One. My opponent started with bases on Halcyon and Helios and I still beat him.

"You have so many options with 2 bases..."

what do you mean by that ?

explain me some options please.

i play most times 1on1 vs my girlfriend, she allways use this faction (but dont use the two bases :P ).

if she would use 2bases i cant imagine wich advantage she will have.

Well, having 2 bases in galaxy built only of 4 planets (1v1 games) really forces oppotent to do one of the following:

- attack as fast as possible

- make expansion as fast as possible

That can be extremely difficult if oppotent plays any Protoss faction, especially with less than 3 starting units.

What's more, Kerrigan has more places in the galaxy to exploit her orders better. Leaving her in peace will be a suicide in longer terms.