Servo Skulls, custom model

By Flail-Bot, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Greetings acolytes,

I like servo skulls. They're neato. The core book only has ideas for 4 or so of them. Are there more in the other books? I didn't find any...

Anyway, give me your ideas for servo-skulls! I figure they're basically floating pieces of gear (one is a glowglobe, another a medi-kit, another a laud hailer, the last a combi-tool). What other servo-skulls would be fun?

There are not any more servo-skulls in other books, but I've been working on it for my campaign.

My group has a combat servo-skull; Wagner had been shooting a las-pistol at them in the middle of a fight for the other side, which the party was heavily armored enough to practically ignore. We're talking it is flying around a guy's head taking point-blank shots as he's sniping and he just waves it off to take another shot elsewhere. Eventually it started harassing the squishier Tech-Priest... Who grabbed it and shoved it in a sack for later reprogramming. He got it working right, put a bolt pistol in place of the las-pistol and slapped a carapace armor helmet on it (think WWI German style, complete with spike). 'Wagner' still has the habit of flying up to Point-Blank range to take his shots.

I miss gun servo-skulls too. Don't really know how I would implement them though. Maybe take a shot as a free action or a reaction with a laspistol or such at a set ballistic skill. Or just treat it as an alternative to the ballistic dendrite.

Ohh and I don't remember, Is there an auto-quill servo-skull in the base book? Because if not that should be one. I've seen them as models and in artwork a few times.

Might be a good alternative to replacing your hand with an auto-quill.

A servo-skull equipped with long range vox equipment might be useful too, spare someone else the trouble of lugging that stuff around.

There is one piece of game art featuring an Arbites followed by a servo-skull armed with a sniper rifle. So there's that.

We gave them stats; they have high Agility, Hoverer, Flyer, 5 Wounds, etc.

The hand flamer equipped servo-skull was always a hot item at parties.

Lingua pattern : a close combat one with a chainsword sticking out between its jaws (or underslung under it's upper jaw) maybe with a tox dispenser drooling poison on the blades.

Captis pattern : One with a Stasis grenade: Fly close to the target and then... gotcha !

Excruciator pattern : Repurposed mediskull with torturer tools and recording device.

Basically the interrogator droid from star wars.

Accendo pattern : One with it's lower jaw replaced with rows of underslung stim injectors loaded with a variety of combat drugs. I just liked the idea of a skul "biting" you and pumping you full of combat drugs. Or otherwise enhancing you (like a transformers minicon)

Daemonis pattern : Forbbiden****rdo***Mall**s****rad*cal***mino***de*mon*** ark**mech****<redacted by the Inquisition>

That's probably my second favorite episode of that entire series.

My favorite being the Deathwatch marine on the shuttle explaining his unit insignia.

OK last game session I ran - the acolytes where secreted into a Mechanicus satellite/base/cannon-thingy - anyways - within that place they had to escape using a deposited modded shuttle - of that shuttle were four blisters by which highly advanced servo skulls "popped" out - suffice to say after alot of action and eventual take off the PCs managed to land on a nearby Moon...

Once settled the last of the four skulls deployed and required some sort of "bonding" by which a needle came out and it wanted one of the PCs DNA - once done it was revealed that the Holy Ordos somewhere along the lines in the past had infiltrated Mars - thusly coming into possession of this very Servo Skull which is a Dual Purposed Skull.

- Tech Use

- Ballistic Skill (armed with a Hand Bolter) - err Better BS Skill Rating than Default

Otherwise STAT wise it is exactly like any basic servo skull found peppered in FFG publishing

"P.S." make your 40k yours!

Left - Only War STATs
Right - Rogue Trader STATs

servo-skull-1.jpg servo-skull-2.jpg

Stay GAMING

Morbid

Edited by MorbidDon

How about a surveillance model? Integrated pict-recorder and vox receiver/transmitter. Would be useful to get the lay of the land before bursting in bolter first...

Kettler Pattern - Incorporates a liquid heating chamber, infusion censer, refrigerated lactations compartment and detachable beverage receptacle. Optional extras include; milk foamer, lemon slicer and bean grinder. It's nice always having a decent cuppa on hand.