Reset Points

By ColtsFan76, in Red November

I just got this game at Pozy.com yesterday. Since I was considering to get this game before it went up on Pozy, i had printed but not read the rules. Since items usually go fast on Pozy, I quickly read the rules and so i am sure I just overlooked these.

The board layout on Page 3 shows Reset Points on the Disaster Tracks. No explanation was made about them on that page and I don't recall seeing them. What are these space for?

Whe you fix a problem, the disaster track marker is only moved back to the last reset points. This means that it's difficult to move back to zero once a reset point has been moved over - you need two fixes in a row without any dramatic event on this track in between.

Thanks Bruno!

So you need to fix these problems 2 times in a row before you reach them on the time track? Either that, or just don't let them get beyond the first reset point, correct?

I'm not sure I understand your question, so I try to explain it another way :

• When you fix a problem which corresponds to a disaster track, you move the disaster counter to the last reset point

Tthis means that if it is in the first half of the track, including on the second reset point, you move it back to the first reset point, which is a zero.

If it is past the second reset point, it is moved back to the second reset point.

Let me re-phrase my question:

How do you remove the Timed Destruction tokens? By moving back to the first reset point? So if you move beyond the 2nd reset point, you need to fix these things twice?

I believe you answered this in your first post, I am just making sure I understand it.

No, the first fix always removes the timed destruction event. See it this way :

Any fix

1) removes the timed destruction event, if any

AND

2) moves the disaster counter back to the last reset point