Printed cost question

By Darth Zilla, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

If Mauler Mithel is piloting a tie fighter and my opponent plays Saboteur could he target Mauler Mithel and discard it?

Saboteur: reaction - after this unit enters play discard a target enhancement with tprinted cost two or lower.

Mauler Mithel has a printed cost of 3 but I did play him as an enhancement and, in doing so, his cost was reduced to 1. Would his pilot cost now replace his printed cost or is the printed cost still 3?

Printed cost doesn't change in this case, and I'm not aware of any card effects that would change it. Pilot cost doesn't replace printed cost - it's just a different cost with a different way of putting it into play. When a card effect refers to "printed cost", it refers literally to what's printed in the upper left corner of the card. Literal interpretation is the general rule with FFG's games, except when it's ambiguous. Then you send them an e-mail :)

evilidler is correct, the printed cost of a card is the cost listed in the upper left-hand corner, and it does not change.

Thank you.

Printed cost doesn't change in this case, and I'm not aware of any card effects that would change it.

Not to be a smartypants, but there can't be any card effects that could change "printed cost", you'd need a feltpen for that.

Sorry... I'll lead myself out.

Not to be a smartypants, but there can't be any card effects that could change "printed cost", you'd need a feltpen for that.

I'm still waiting for the day our cards are thin OLED screens we shoot data to :)

Printed cost doesn't change in this case, and I'm not aware of any card effects that would change it.

And two weeks later Brainiac enters the Card Pool :D

Note that brainiac can change printed cost, but that isn't taken into account. Let's say that brainiac changes Mithel's cost to two, his printed cost will always be 3.

More properly, Brainiac can change the cost . Printed cost is always what's physically printed on the card and can only be changed by errata. :)

Thanks for the wording clarification !