Jan/Rhymer Killer

By MandalorianMoose, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

So I don't really like squadrons, but Jan and Rhymer balls are found quite often in my meta. As a counter I've come up with a list specifically to counter these assholes, without too much invested in the squadrons themselves. Let me know what you all think.

Fleet Summary Page (397 of 400 pts)
Faction: The Empire
Commander: Admiral Motti (24 pts)
Flagship: (145 pts)
Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer (120 pts)
Gunnery Team (7 pts)
Quad Laser Turrets (5 pts)
Electronic Counter Measures (7 pts)
XI7 Turbolasers (6 pts)
Fleet Ship 1: (83 pts)
Gladiator I-Class Star Destroyer (56 pts)
Demolisher (10 pts)
Ordnance Experts (4 pts)
Engine Techs (8 pts)
Assault Proton Torpedoes (5 pts)
Fleet Ship 2: (83 pts)
Victory I-Class Star Destroyer (73 pts)
Flight Controllers (6 pts)
Boosted Comms (4 pts)
Squadrons (62 of 134 pts):
1x IG-2000 - IG-88 (21 pts)
1x Punishing One - Dengar (20 pts)
1x Darth Vader Tie Advanced Squadron (21 pts)
Edited by MandalorianMoose

I once had an opponent using Demolisher as a Glad-II and it did rather well at thinning down my Rhymer ball.

The ability to fire anti squadron from the front and then nip round the side of my fighters and fire another 2 blue dice against most of them really hurt. He then piled in with Mauler Mithel and all of a sudden Major Rhymer was on 2 hull and many of the bombers and Tie advances didn't look too healthy either. If IG-88 had been in the game at the time it could have been a nasty turn 2.

I threw this together to quash the fireballs that kept popping up in Philly. It takes up a good chunk of the list, but puts a lot of it on the ISD, which can go around killing ships after the fireball is crushed. I swap the rest of the list around using different ship killers.

ISD 1 (123 points)

Expanded Hanger Bays

Flight Controllers

Boosted Comms

Ruthless Strategists

Squadrons (48 points)

Howlrunner

4 TIE Squadrons

Total 171 points