Set 5?

By Vinceff7, in Traverse Town

Both Borders and Overstock dot coms have a November 21st, 2009 release date for a Kingdom Hearts TCG set called Dawn of a Friend. Is this for an American release, or a japanese product they are planning to carry?

www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail

Here's the link...

This means one of two things.

1. (Less Likely) This is COMPLETELY wrong and these various sites were given these release dates long ago and not informed otherwise.

2.) (More Likely) FFG is just dumping the rest of the cards they have translated with no hoopla, no warning because this game is officially and finally, put out of its misery.

It's seriously dead? That's a serious disappointment to me. I just started playing... why the decision to end the game?

What you are looking at is a bad translation, 'dawn of a friend' was the title of one of the earlier sets from the japanese game, which, for us, was set 2 (set 3 in japan) it was the set that included Leon, Yuffie and Riku, which is a complete drag.

Leigh said:

What you are looking at is a bad translation, 'dawn of a friend' was the title of one of the earlier sets from the japanese game, which, for us, was set 2 (set 3 in japan) it was the set that included Leon, Yuffie and Riku, which is a complete drag.

So...why is the logo in English?

Leigh said:

http://www.toysnjoys.com/kingdomhearts/dawnofafriendboosterpack.jpg take a look, it is seriously the japanese set. I saw it advertised ages ago from Tomy or something. They also write in Katakana and the english equivalent. I dont want it to be true either...

I know Dawn of a Friend is the name of one of the original Japanese sets...but so was Break of Dawn if I recall...FFG could easily just be reusing the names.

here's hoping right?

But i think that's being a little too hopeful. We have a site here in New Zealand that has it listed as well. I spoke to the borders here and they say that its been there for a while. On the American database that is.

Leigh said:

here's hoping right?

But i think that's being a little too hopeful. We have a site here in New Zealand that has it listed as well. I spoke to the borders here and they say that its been there for a while. On the American database that is.

Not really being hopeful though...my hope has been beaten down and destroyed in this past year...it's great to see you new users coming around and lifting our spirits a bit...but you don't even know the half of what us old timers have been through with this game and it's parent company...

I'd honestly love to be hopeful that this is a fluke and a mishap. I've emailed Jaffer the marketing manager and we'll know for sure soon enough though. I'll keep ya posted.

so as usual its just a waiting game =(

I checked the IBN on my BoD box, and it does NOT match the IBN on the page...

I googled the ISBN. In one store it said FFG was the distributor, but the cards were supposed to have been release in 2007. Google the number, it comes up as the same item in heaps of stores, but very old release dates. I wonder if FFG had originally intended to release separate sets but went with combining them?

wasnt dawn of friends going to be the name of one of the other sets all ready out but the changed it.

Since the date has passed I guess it is fair to say this was all false hope.

Still, I wonder why they had it listed...

i stopped at set 3