Finally bought TI and the expansions - What an epic game.

By Valgar, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

After a year of mulling it over, I decided to take the plunge and purchase TI, SE, and SoTE.

We've played two 5 player games so far, and we're loving it. What a game! Everything we could possibly want in a space empire.....simulation? Epic.

I've seen much debate regarding the future of this iteration of TI, and personally I really hope that FFG release more expansions for TI3.

Sigh....

Don't suppose you live in NE Ohio and would like an extra player?

Seriously though, awesome that you like the game, it is definitely my favorite game of all time.

We're UK based I'm afraid.

I'm the first one to introduce TI to my (rather expansive) group, and not one of them knew of it!

An instant hit. I don't think the enjoyment of watching someone realise how deep the game actually is will ever get old.

Good. Goood. Spread the craze to as many as possible and soon we WILL rule the world. ALL the worlds! Moahahahahahaaaaaa... Wait. Did I say that out loud?

Welcome! That's awesome man! My game group picked it up in August 2014. We used to play a lot of other games but ever since we got this it's basically the only thing anyone ever wants to play, which I'm totally fine with. This weekend will be our 41st game. :D

I can see how this monster becomes a cornerstone of gaming groups. With a smattering of many different types of playstyles and mechanics, it appeals to quite a wide spectrum of gamers (albeit gamers who would initially accept the long play time).

Hopefully we will crack our 41st game, and beyond, in reasonable time. :)

Welcome to the clan.

Such a good game but it can be tricky getting a game going as the time investment is substantial.

Im finally getting my first game, for over a year(managed to game do with Eclipse), in tomorrow. Im so excited.

I found a new gaming group via Facebook that are keen to take my vast FFG collection for a spin

Edited by stegocent

I tried my first game last week. What a game! Superb.