New to Conquest need help on first purchase.

By bloodsoup0311, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

So a buddy of mine purchased the first core set and we had a blast playing. I want to get into since he moved away, and I was looking at getting one of each of the core sets and one of each of the separate packs. Some of my friends have expressed a lot of interest in playing and everyone likes different armies so I figured this would be the best way to get sort of a complete set. But one of my friends was telling me that in order to actually be complete we would need 3 core sets and 3 of the same war packs because of how many cards come in a pack and how many of the same ones are allowed in a deck. Is this correct? has anyone broken down what comes in each pack and how many packs it would take to complete a whole army? I am looking toward chaos and dark elder for myself and between my other 4 friends we have most of the races covered but buying multiples of the same pack kinda upsetting. If this was asked before than please just link it I just don't want to waste extra money if I don't have to.

3 core sets gets you 3 of each card that is only available as a single in the core set and 6 copies of the 2 cards per faction and neutral cards.

Unless you want to have mirror matches(where you both play the same warlords and factions) one of each additional war pack and deluxe expansion is sufficient beyond the core set, since all of these include 3 of each card already, which is the maximum any one deck may contain of a card.

If your group of players is large enough you might consider getting some additional core sets and duplicate copies of the war packs and deluxe expansions to accommodate deck building with allies but generally 3 core sets and one of each war pack and deluxe expansion provides enough cards to build upwards of 16 separate decks.

Edited by Greymere

ok awesome thank you for the quick reply and clearing that up.

To add to that you could have viable Decks/Armys with each faction if you just bought the core set once and each War Pack (also once), plus the expansion pack (once). This would easily give you the 50 cards minimum for each Deck/Army.

Plus if you wanted to save money further you could actually take a look at which cards came in which packs and thus pick your decks for the factions you wanted.

Check: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/wh40kconquest/conquest.html

[Also interesting: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/wh40kconquest/conquest.html]

So if you know what races you wanted to go for, and don't want to spend on all the packs, take a look at the packs that give you the Warlord's and Signature cards for the factions you are interested in, e.g. "Descendants of Isha" Warlord Cycle Pack has the Warlord + signature cards for Eldar and Dark Eldar, and so on.

Thank you MaximusFlavius I am actually looking at playing as Chaos and Dark Eldar. I just wanted to own enough for the other armies for when my friends wanted to play as well and it still be relatively fair across each deck. But I will be checking out these websites.