Lightsaber Construction Rules

By Kyla, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

If you want to make building a lightsaber hard, why not simply require a Triumph result on the final construction roll the first time you try to make one. Lots of Padawans will have to spend weeks trying to get it right.

If you want to make building a lightsaber hard, why not simply require a Triumph result on the final construction roll the first time you try to make one. Lots of Padawans will have to spend weeks trying to get it right.

I don't suspect difficulty was the primary goal here, but can confirm: my players took weeks (even the mechanic) to construct their first hilts with the base rules. It was painful to watch.

I didn't use these rules, but I did try out that "crystal color questionnaire." It seemed a little overly difficult to end up with a blue or green saber, but maybe that just speaks to the sorts of would-be Jedi my players are than anything else (orange, yellow, and white).

Interesting thoughts on requirements for building a lightsaber. I can see it being a standard practice with the Jedi, and possibly even the Sith, as they focused on broader training than our characters are able to. Mostly, I still want them to describe the process to me... in detail, but this is a great baseline.

Sidenote: Kyla... what template are you using for the lightsaber page of your player character folio sheets? Is this something you made up or found?

Sidenote: Kyla... what template are you using for the lightsaber page of your player character folio sheets? Is this something you made up or found?

Totally homebrew. I took the appropriate right or left basic "FnD Inner Page" and then added text blocks and the art. If you have MS publisher, message me and I can set you up with a copy.

Publisher?!? *cough* *choke* *cough*

Thanks... I'll be... fine....

(Actually, that is enough info for me to create it in Photoshop! Thanks! And sorry... yes, I have a bias against Publisher... as Left Ear would say in The Italian Job, "I had... a bad... experience!)